Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I read a funny comment here on the forum the other day that I believe to be true.

"How can it be delayed when it was never announced yet?"

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
in regards to the article, nothing surprising. most likely we'll see an iPhone this year that supports gsm/hspa/cdma, and then maybe the year after one with LTE.

I read a funny comment here on the forum the other day that I believe to be true.

lol, thought the same thing. delaying a product that doesn't exist?

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Scott Moritz = Idiot

People, whenever you see "Scott Moritz" in a byline, substitute either "Idiot" or "Stock Manipulator" and you'll be better prepared to judge his drivel.

But hey, don't trust me, Google him and find out for yourself.

Or even use MRoogle.

He's well-known, and not in a good way. I'm actually fairly surprised that the SEC hasn't taken action against him.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I, and many, many, many, many other posters here at Macrumors have been predicting 2012 as the year an LTE iPhone would come out.

So the article should be retitled "Many Internet Posters Correct, Us Stupid for Some Reason." By Scott Moritz

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
This is a non story. During CES, AT&T's CEO already said that there won't be an LTE iPhone until 2012.

Jack105

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
This is stupid, so there are going to be some 4G phones coming out this year but unfortunately the majority of people will be unable to use the because the network isn't fully there yet. Once 2012 rolls around this will be when the 4G network really begins to take form and that is when people will be able to use the 4G capable phones. Unlike the author who seems as if Apple is going to tank in the nest few months, I don't see any problem with Apple waiting.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

Exactly, I (I guess correctly) assumed Apple wouldn't throw it into this years phone because the deployment won't be widespread enough to make it worth their while. I also heard they're going to push back the 1TB models back to 2014.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Why would they release a phone for millions when the infrastructure is nowhere near complete? Don't even think about an LTE iPhone until 2012 or 2013.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.