Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:00 AM   #1
dontwalkhand
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to dontwalkhand
Stuck on Preparing iPhone for Restore

I have been out of the unlocking scene for a while, but I have tried everything and about ready to pull my hair out. Google doesn't turn anything up, and only things that apply to OS 3.x or even OS 2.x (Google does NOT have the best search algorithm, it is just they turn up more results....that is for a different thread).

Anyways, I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0 and modem firmware 5.11.07,

I gotten through the Pwnage Tool version 4.2 and everything went great, here are a few problems I am running into.

The DFU mode feature no longer detects whether the iPhone is on or off, it just goes ahead and tells you to press the button sequence without the phone being off, thus throwing me off, especially if the phone takes longer than usual to shut off, this is infuriating.

After fiddling with that, iTunes states that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode, which is great, until it decided to just remain stuck on "Preparing iPhone for restore"...I went and did other things for an hour, and came back and it was still stuck like that.

So what am I doing wrong here? Can someone help me before I go entirely insane?!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:02 AM   #2
celticpride678

Check here for tips: http://itsalltech.com/2010/07/08/fix...estore-issues/
celticpride678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:09 AM   #3
dontwalkhand
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to dontwalkhand
I figured it out, and believe it or not, it was the USB cable! Tried a different iPhone sync cable and it worked great.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:22 AM   #4
WhatAmI
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwalkhand View Post
I figured it out, and believe it or not, it was the USB cable! Tried a different iPhone sync cable and it worked great.
Don't forget to chop the busted cable in to 100 pieces and burn it slowly over the stove

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks