Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Soundhound
macrumors 6502a

Mail on iMac not getting incoming Mail

On my mobileme account Email comes in to Mail on my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, but not on my iMac. I can send mail out from the iMac, but not recieve. This started happening a few days ago. I recently had the hard drive replaced on the iMac and did a Restore from Time Machine. Don't know if this behavior started right after that, or a few days after.

Anyone know what setting I need to look at on the iMac, Mail etc? Thanks!
Soundhound is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Weaselboy

I would go into Mail prefs and delete the MM account then readd it. You won't lose any data as it is all on the MM servers.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:29 PM   #3
v66jack
macrumors 6502a

I'd check that the incoming mail server address is correct. Easiest way is probably to reset the account.
v66jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Soundhound
macrumors 6502a

Sounds good. How do you reset the account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v66jack View Post
I'd check that the incoming mail server address is correct. Easiest way is probably to reset the account.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:42 PM   #5
v66jack
macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure, I don't use the Mac Mail app very much, use MS 2011 Outlook. I'm sure a quick Google search could tell you though
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Weaselboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundhound View Post
Sounds good. How do you reset the account?

Just remove the whole account. Go to this screen in Mail prefs and select the account then click the minus at the bottom. This will remove the acct. Then click the plus and enter your MM email (yourname@me.com) and password and Mail will configure the rest for you.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Soundhound
macrumors 6502a

I went to Mailbox>Get New Mail>my account. It churned for a few minutes, and fixed it! Thanks guys.

Now if I could just figure out how to get emails that I send on my iPhone to show up in the Sent folder on my iMac and Macbook Pro, and visa versa...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:03 PM   #8
v66jack
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Now if I could just figure out how to get emails that I send on my iPhone to show up in the Sent folder on my iMac and Macbook Pro, and visa versa...
Yep I'd love that too, but haven't found any email client that supports that feature. It is a pain, but I guess we just have to live with it.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Soundhound
macrumors 6502a

It seemed to me that it used to work, but then it didn't work anymore starting a few months ago, maybe 6 months or more perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v66jack View Post
Yep I'd love that too, but haven't found any email client that supports that feature. It is a pain, but I guess we just have to live with it.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Weaselboy

Quote:
I went to Mailbox>Get New Mail>my account. It churned for a few minutes, and fixed it! Thanks guys.

I use the default iPhone MobileMe mail setup and have my iMac Mail setup as in the below screen shot and sent mail from my iPhone does appear in the sent folder of my iMac Mail app.

Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Soundhound
macrumors 6502a

I have the Store Sent Messages on Server checked on my setup as well. Maybe it's something on the iphone setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
I use the default iPhone MobileMe mail setup and have my iMac Mail setup as in the below screen shot and sent mail from my iPhone does appear in the sent folder of my iMac Mail app.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services