Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:00 PM   #1
bftiedt
macrumors member

Lion On Early '06 Macbook Pro Question

hey guys quick question. I was going to pay the $99 to be a apple dev so i could test out the new Lion build but I have been reading that Lion doesnt support my MBP. I got in in the summer of 06. Its a intel core duo. My first question is , is this correct that my MBP cant handle lion as of right now? My second question is , in you guys opinion , do you think later builds , or the final version of lion will include the core duo processor , or do you think apple is discontinuing support for that processor? Thanks guy!
bftiedt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2
DerfBWH
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
hey guys quick question. I was going to pay the $99 to be a apple dev so i could test out the new Lion build but I have been reading that Lion doesnt support my MBP. I got in in the summer of 06. Its a intel core duo. My first question is , is this correct that my MBP cant handle lion as of right now? My second question is , in you guys opinion , do you think later builds , or the final version of lion will include the core duo processor , or do you think apple is discontinuing support for that processor? Thanks guy!
It's correct that Lion does not support your (or mine, as we both have the same model) Macbook Pro. The final version of Lion will not support our laptop either, as it was a move to make Mac OS X Lion (mostly) 64-bit only, an architecture that the processor in our laptop simply does not and can not support.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:59 PM   #3
bftiedt
macrumors member

well thats no good. Maybe it will give me a good reason to talk the wife into getting a new MBP lol.
bftiedt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion