Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CDHlacos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum and I hope you guys can help me out!

I changed my iphone digitizer assembly (glass, mid frame, home button...) today because my glass was shattered. When i closed the phone at the end, I turned it on, the screen was working but not the home button or the touch response. So i opened the iphone while it was still on (i never should have done that...) and tried to push the 3 cables (#1,2,3) deeper on their connectors. While doing so, the screen flashed white for half a second and went black... After that i couldnt turn it back on and my computer would not detect the iphone when plugged in... I think that happened when i touched the connector #1 (LCD)

I put back my old digitizer assembly but it didnt work either. I dont know much about electronics but could the white flash be a short circuit and my LCD screen be ruined? Could a broken LCD prevent the computer from detecting the iphone or is the whole iphone broken?

Please help me !!!

P.S. i looked on the forum for similar cases before posting but i couldnt find one that was exactly like mine (where the screen works at first but no home button then it crashes etc...) If there's is one please send me the link and I'll check it up.
Also, english isnt my native language so i apologize for any misspellings.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum and I hope you guys can help me out!

I changed my iphone digitizer assembly (glass, mid frame, home button...) today because my glass was shattered. When i closed the phone at the end, I turned it on, the screen was working but not the home button or the touch response. So i opened the iphone while it was still on (i never should have done that...) and tried to push the 3 cables (#1,2,3) deeper on their connectors. While doing so, the screen flashed white for half a second and went black... After that i couldnt turn it back on and my computer would not detect the iphone when plugged in... I think that happened when i touched the connector #1 (LCD)

I put back my old digitizer assembly but it didnt work either. I dont know much about electronics but could the white flash be a short circuit and my LCD screen be ruined? Could a broken LCD prevent the computer from detecting the iphone or is the whole iphone broken?

Please help me !!!

P.S. i looked on the forum for similar cases before posting but i couldnt find one that was exactly like mine (where the screen works at first but no home button then it crashes etc...) If there's is one please send me the link and I'll check it up.
Also, english isnt my native language so i apologize for any misspellings.

Can you do a hard reset and see what happen? hold home button & power button at the same time for about 15 seconds.

CDHlacos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Yes!!! I made the phone response. I opened it and tried the front panel + lcd of a friend and tried to put the phone in DFU and turned on!!! I think a connector was miss plugged so i couldnt put my phone in DFU mode. I also tried to connect my friend's iphone on the computer while he had no LCD and found out that computer wont recognize iphone if iphone as no LCD plugged in..

Also, if you performed some physical changes while the phone is on, you will need to put it in DFU mode for it to response after you put back the phone together (I had to with my friend's iphone because it opened by it self while he was opened).

But I still have a problem, i assembled my iphone with my pieces and everything works except the touch panel... (LCD displays an image but no touch response). I will try to restore my iphone to see if that does anything (DFU did not work)

CDHlacos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Finally, my phone is fully operational, I removed the LCD, cleaned it and cleaned the glass using alcohol poured onto handkerchief. I found it strange that the screen was working put not the touch sensors, so i though it might have dust between glass and LCD preventing contact, anyway it worked out, I figured out how to have my iphone working again with new glass :D

If you want it done right, you've got to do it yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.