Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:03 AM   #1
saintforlife
macrumors 6502a

What to do after jailbreaking Apple TV 2?

I jailbroke my Apple TV 2 using GreenPois0n and installed XBMC from Nito. That is about the only thing I have done after jailbreaking. Can you guys tell me what else I can do to get the most out of my Apple TV?

What is the best way to stream free movies and videos from the internet to the Apple TV? Can I stream Hulu/Hulu Plus? How about Amazon Video on Demand? How far away is a Safari like browser that you can use on Apple TV? Can a jailbroken ATV2 ever come close to the content offered on Roku/Boxee?

TIA!
saintforlife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:57 AM   #2
ISO:HELP
macrumors regular

Hey there welcome aboard friend!

first off what are you using for hardware?

have you ssh'd into your computer?
ISO:HELP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:38 PM   #3
saintforlife
macrumors 6502a

I just have a windows laptop at home. What is SSH? What kind of functionality does this offer?

If I sound like a noob, its cuz I am one. Take it easy on me.
saintforlife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:08 PM   #4
rcp27
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
I just have a windows laptop at home. What is SSH?
Secure SHell. It's a way of getting a command line interface on a remote system (it's a Unix-ey thing, which OSX and iOS are, but windows is not). Basically the terminal window on your local computer is actually running on some remote system. It's a bit like screen sharing, except for a command line interface. If you've never used a command line interface then the importance of this is probably lost on you.
rcp27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks