Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zipties

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Anyone else played any of the the source games on OSX? They're crashing quite frequently for me. Anyone else having issues?

acunit86

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Anyone else played any of the the source games on OSX? They're crashing quite frequently for me. Anyone else having issues?

I can play l4d2 for about 10 mintues before it craps out in os x. Plays flawlessly in bootcamp. When it dies, it's usually just a frozen screen that forces a hard reset with the power button.

aphxtwinin

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Denver
maybe it needs a drivers update? im not playing anything on my pro till the first update is in and see whats included in that.

acunit86

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Yes, the model with the 1gb 6750 is crashing on source games. Haven't had it happen on Civ 5 yet. I can actually play L4D2 better through parallels than I can the native OS X version:eek: That's with 2 cores and 4gb of memory dedicated to parallels though.

I thought it was pretty cool, but kind of pathetic at the same time. I Worried about it being heat related at first, but it crashes at times when temps are only in the high 70s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.