Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

View Poll Results: Good Idea?
Yes 2 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:01 PM   #1
CarsonGallo
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to CarsonGallo Send a message via AIM to CarsonGallo Send a message via MSN to CarsonGallo Send a message via Yahoo to CarsonGallo Send a message via Skype™ to CarsonGallo
3rd Partys To Replace Missing FrontRow, heres an idea. AppleTV App Port IDea

Hallo, if you've installed Lion you'll have noticed that if you had FrontRow in your dock that it was replaced by a question mark and the app is no more, or if you pressed menu on your Apple remote nothing happens. Well if Lion materializes to have no FrontRow I think well start to see some more third party support for HTPC apps. So thats why I propose this idea for an HTPC app and I want to know what you guys think. What about a port of the Apple TV app. I mean it makes total sense. Its doable, everybody would love to have it. It could even do AirPlay thanks to Erica Sadun. Imagine the entire complete interface of the AppleTV on your Mac. And btw I'm talking Apple TV 2G, sorry 1G's, wait actually I'm not sorry. Cause unlike Apple TV this app can have 3rd party app support which everyone has been hoping for, for the new Apple TV since it runs iOS. And with 3rd party support there could be a whole bunch of third party support for such things like apps and and themes. Maybe an Apple TV1G theme, or a FrontRow theme.
CarsonGallo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Hagrun
macrumors newbie

Fanstastic idea!

I joined this forum just to say how much I love the idea. Apple TV by itself doesn't do what I want so my TV will always be hooked up to a computer, but having the Apple TV interface on a mac would actually sell me on a new mac for my entertainment center.
Hagrun is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Tags
apple tv, apple tv app, frontrow, mac os x lion