Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:08 PM   #26
goobot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkhead View Post
Quicktime now has crop video, rotate video, resize, trim
im 99% sure it already does that
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:09 PM   #27
aberrero
macrumors 6502a

Where can I access file vault? It isn't in my utilities folder.
aberrero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:54 PM   #28
funrush
macrumors regular

The 'All my files' icon

This is the 512px 'All my Files' icon. It has Steve Jobs quotes written on it.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new"

"In most peopleís vocabularies, design means veneer. Itís interior decorating. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design"

Text from Think different campaign:

"Hereís to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Theyíre not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you canít do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:56 PM   #29
VolceOntra
macrumors regular

Can anyone else confirm that Internet sharing Ethernet to Wifi is broken?
VolceOntra is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:56 PM   #30
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkhead View Post
Preview is a powerhouse app, you can even sign your document just by holding a piece of paper up to the camera with your signature (it saves it for you!) http://t.co/QYcfqBL
This is great; thanks for posting!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:59 PM   #31
MBX
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterSwede View Post
You forgot Quick Look looking like a window not a HUD. I don't like that. I'll admit that I only saw it once in a video. It may be much more useful now.
I agree, it's a bit of a shame it's bright (white) now instead of the darker hud style. If you preview images you want it to be dark not bright.
MBX is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:23 PM   #32
MacsFuture
macrumors newbie

FaceTime in Lion

FaceTime in Lion is version 1.0.1 not version 1.0. And FaceTime is included in Lion. If you have the Beta in Snow Leopard, probably better to wait for Lion than pay the 99 cents for the upgrade.
MacsFuture is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:24 PM   #33
theBigD23
macrumors 6502

GREAT post!

Another item I noticed is missing is "Search For" from Finder completely. Never used the feature. Glad to see that it's gone.
theBigD23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:27 PM   #34
VolceOntra
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsFuture View Post
FaceTime in Lion is version 1.0.1 not version 1.0. And FaceTime is included in Lion. If you have the Beta in Snow Leopard, probably better to wait for Lion than pay the 99 cents for the upgrade.
1.1 actually.
VolceOntra is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:31 PM   #35
aberrero
macrumors 6502a

Ya, it includes FaceTime, thankfully.

It is still incredibly buggy though. Hasn't crashed yet, but window management in general is pretty broken.
aberrero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:36 PM   #36
theBigD23
macrumors 6502

You can now also search in Column View! Huge deal for me. Searching only in Icons or List was frustrating.
theBigD23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:48 PM   #37
VolceOntra
macrumors regular

Safari now automatically sets up mail accounts to be used w/ Address Book, Mail, etc...

Thumb resize.

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; Feb 27, 2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: [timg]'ed, click for full size...
VolceOntra is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:51 PM   #38
appleguy123
macrumors 603

Signature won't recognize my iSight. Anyone have the solution.
-New Dictionary popups.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-02-26 at 12.07.07 PM.png
Views:	236
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	273135  
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:43 PM   #39
CarsonGallo
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to CarsonGallo Send a message via AIM to CarsonGallo Send a message via MSN to CarsonGallo Send a message via Yahoo to CarsonGallo Send a message via Skype™ to CarsonGallo
Look Up In Dictionary

When I highlight a word and right click look up in dictionary nothing happens for me. Anyone else having a similar problem?
CarsonGallo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:49 PM   #40
Chundles
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleguy123 View Post
Signature won't recognize my iSight. Anyone have the solution.
-New Dictionary popups.
Same issue with Preview - I opened up FaceTime and then Preview again and it was recognised.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:52 PM   #41
PurrBall
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to PurrBall
Can't remember ever seeing this before- if you select an item in column view, there's a mini QuickLook.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-02-26 at 11.51.41 PM.png
Views:	2077
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	273145  
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:55 PM   #42
Madd the Sane
macrumors 6502

One thing I noticed when looking through the .pkg files (I don't have the guts to install it) is that now there's a whole lot more voices and the speech services support different languages.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:58 PM   #43
PurrBall
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to PurrBall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd the Sane View Post
One thing I noticed when looking through the .pkg files (I don't have the guts to install it) is that now there's a whole lot more voices and the speech services support different languages.
Different languages and also various accents! If you look through the Speech PrefPane you can see them all, but they won't download.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:03 PM   #44
neko girl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrBall View Post
Can't remember ever seeing this before- if you select an item in column view, there's a mini QuickLook.
I just noticed the buttons in the button bar where you select your view mode look the opposite of Finder today. The depressed buttons are un-selected and the popped up button is selected. Hmm.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:17 PM   #45
appleguy123
macrumors 603

I asked this in another thread, but didn't get an answer.
Does speech sound notably more natural and properly inflected to anyone else?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:18 PM   #46
CarsonGallo
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to CarsonGallo Send a message via AIM to CarsonGallo Send a message via MSN to CarsonGallo Send a message via Yahoo to CarsonGallo Send a message via Skype™ to CarsonGallo
New Help Center

The Help Center has got a new facelift. And you gotta be kidding me Facetime being pre-installed on Lion. The very last thing I did on my MAc with Snow Leopard was buy FaceTime. And the second to last thing which took me 3 straight days, not even stopping to sleep was to figure out how to get The Sims 1 for Mac to work. After finally getting it to work I played 3 hours. After waiting 5 years. But because Mac OS Lion doesn't support PowerPC Apps by the way, which is another new, or excluded feature if you will. I never get to play it now. Unless somebody figures out a way to get around Lion stopping from Rosetta installing which is being discussed in this forum.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1100993
O and while I was writing this I discovered that inserted links when clicked on the arrow to the right of them in mail now open a preview of the web page it leads to. And in the top right hand corner theres a button that says "Open In Safari App" and obviously u know what that does. But anyways I've only had Lion for a day, and its already screwed me twice. But, yeah its a beta, but still talk about bad luck. Well at least the help center help center has a NEW LOOK! LOL! Always look on the bright side. lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-02-26 at 11.51.58 PM.png
Views:	572
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	273154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 12.12.52 AM.png
Views:	856
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	273155  
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:24 PM   #47
CarsonGallo
macrumors member

Arrow In Right Click Menu

O and just before I did my post before I discovered this as well. The right click menu thing now has an arrow if you highlight something and right click low enough down the screen, it puts an arrow underneath because theres not enough space to show all the menu functions cause you clicked so low down the screen, and as soon as you hover your mouse down it automatically starts scrolling down and pushing up the right click menu to show you the remaining functions. O and I also discovered this as well while also typing this. Your incorrectly spelled words are underline differently. It kind of looks like a Black&White blue. If that even makes sense. But anyways Apple is really liking Black&Blue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 12.17.40 AM.png
Views:	500
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	273156  
Attached Images

Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:31 PM   #48
CarsonGallo
macrumors member

Open With App Store

Got another one. You can now search for files and see whether they are supported by directly right clicking on them, and click App Store and see if that file u are trying to open is supported by anything in The Mac App Store.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 12.28.58 AM.png
Views:	313
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	273158  
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:32 PM   #49
DoFoT9
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to DoFoT9 Send a message via MSN to DoFoT9 Send a message via Skype™ to DoFoT9
this is a great thread. have just installed L (lion). have discovered many bugs actually, but too annoying to mention.

i do like the additional features to Screen SHaring.

its the little things
DoFoT9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:50 PM   #50
LoganT
macrumors 68020

I predict at least 100 pages and a sticky very soon for this thread.
LoganT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion