Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 27, 2011, 05:50 AM   #1
DDustiNN
macrumors 6502a

Question Gmail as Exchange Account - Where do deleted e-mails go???

Just as the title says...

I was reading an e-mail in the Mail app, and I accidentally hit the trash can icon, which slurped up the e-mail and deleted it. I backed out, looked in the Trash, and there was nothing there. Also under the Gmail section, there is no label for trash or deleted items.

So... where did it go???

I have since found the setting that prompts you before deleting... no idea why that is set to "off" to begin with
DDustiNN is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:10 AM   #2
sparkstsa
macrumors regular

Check in the "All Mail" folder, thats where it sends mine.
sparkstsa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:15 AM   #3
jonecramer
macrumors newbie

Well I am using POP3 function of gmail its really a awesome function ..
jonecramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:27 PM   #4
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonecramer View Post
POP3 function of gmail its really a awesome function ..
Yeah, Right! POP 3 requires you to have to log into the web app to do the same thing that you do on the phone, and the two never match.
Have you tried IMAP? When set up correctly, you never have to log into your web app, unless you want to.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:32 PM   #5
neko girl
macrumors 6502a

You could also create an IMAP folder called Trash. This will apply the "Trash" label to messages you send there.

Sticking it in "All Mail" has the problem of you not being able to filter these deleted messages out later, since you can't say "show me all mail in All Mail that does not have a label".

I hope that made sense.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting