Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:03 AM   #1
syedzaidi.nyc
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to syedzaidi.nyc Send a message via Skype™ to syedzaidi.nyc
SMB Users

Hey All,
So I have Windows XP computers authenticating to an OD Master Directory and for some reason they seem to not disconnect completely from the server. While they are able to successfully logout from their machines, SMB does not have them as disconnected as users. Is there any way I can have it so that when they logout from their machines, they are also shown as disconnected in SMB?
Thank You!
syedzaidi.nyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:27 AM   #2
satelshawn
macrumors newbie

I have noticed the same on mine. Even when you try to use the disconnect button it still shows them as connected. If, however, you close server admin and open it again they are gone, at least on my installation. It seems to be a problem with SMB refreshing the users that are connected, at least in my case.

If the logs show them as having disconnected I think you are fine.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:29 AM   #3
syedzaidi.nyc
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to syedzaidi.nyc Send a message via Skype™ to syedzaidi.nyc
ridiculous

This is just ridiculous. Another reason why AAPL is having such a hard taking off in the Server Industry. Syncing SMB CLI and GUI should be something novel and resolved. Sigh. This really drives me nuts.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 02:40 PM   #4
syedzaidi.nyc
macrumors newbie

This is what I am addressing. They are not login-ned. Why is this not syncing up? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-02-28 at 2.39.32 PM.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	273471  

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking