Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syedzaidi.nyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
NYC
Hey All,
So I have Windows XP computers authenticating to an OD Master Directory and for some reason they seem to not disconnect completely from the server. While they are able to successfully logout from their machines, SMB does not have them as disconnected as users. Is there any way I can have it so that when they logout from their machines, they are also shown as disconnected in SMB?
Thank You!

satelshawn

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2009
I have noticed the same on mine. Even when you try to use the disconnect button it still shows them as connected. If, however, you close server admin and open it again they are gone, at least on my installation. It seems to be a problem with SMB refreshing the users that are connected, at least in my case.

If the logs show them as having disconnected I think you are fine.

syedzaidi.nyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
NYC
ridiculous

This is just ridiculous. Another reason why AAPL is having such a hard taking off in the Server Industry. Syncing SMB CLI and GUI should be something novel and resolved. Sigh. This really drives me nuts.

syedzaidi.nyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
NYC
This is what I am addressing. They are not login-ned. Why is this not syncing up? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-28 at 2.39.32 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-02-28 at 2.39.32 PM.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 68
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.