Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hipauliee

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Boise, ID
captain obvious strikes again.... I'm talking about the location of the .app not where to open it

>.<
my bad sorry about that, I feel stupid haha
I would assume that it's in /system/library, possibly coreservices?
but I'm not in front of my iMac at this time.
if nobody replies I will continue to try to help find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nathanl1192

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
It is part of the dock! Here is a related file in dock.app

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 19.03.49.png
    Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 19.03.49.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,752

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
same here. anyone know where the applications that show up in launchpad get populated from? i have like 2 pages of nonexistent vmware windows programs i'm trying to get out of there. thx

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
same here. anyone know where the applications that show up in launchpad get populated from? i have like 2 pages of nonexistent vmware windows programs i'm trying to get out of there. thx

Just hold down CTRL OPTION and COMMAND down at the some time and click the app you wish to remove from Launchpad and they disappear!

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA

LaunchPad will grab anything that is in your applications folder. To update, go to ~/Library Application Support/Dock and delete the file inside that folder. Restart the computer.

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
Just hold down CTRL OPTION and COMMAND down at the some time and click the app you wish to remove from Launchpad and they disappear!

thanks that worked good. what i'm trying to do is get launchpad to be the only icon on the dock, then make the dock invisible. that way its just like an iOS device and the home button. problem is removing the dock icons of running programs seems to make their menu bars disappear which is no good. here's a shot of what it would look like. hopefully we can do something like this in the final version!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 10.43.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 10.43.03 AM.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,088

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
thanks that worked good. what i'm trying to do is get launchpad to be the only icon on the dock, then make the dock invisible. that way its just like an iOS device and the home button. problem is removing the dock icons of running programs seems to make their menu bars disappear which is no good. here's a shot of what it would look like. hopefully we can do something like this in the final version!

Kinda like the disappearing menu! also like the idea of the launchpad icon only

dahodd

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Hmmmm... Im trying to figure out how I can use my F4 key (currently Dashboard on my uMBP) to launch launchpad? So finding the app location would help!

I am using norwegian version of Mac OS X Lion, but I have set F5 to Launchpad due to not lose the other functions on the keyboard. This is how I did it.
1. Go to System choice app.
2. Go into keyboard
3. There you see on the left "Launchpad and Dock", klick to mark this
4. On the right will show "Turn on/off automatic Dock", But beneeth this is "show Launchpad".
5. If you click on the far right of this line of "Show Launchpad" then you get the option to change shortcut to this "app".

tkhan456

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
deleting icons from launchpad

How do you remove Icons from launchpad? Everyone keeps saying hold Control, Option, and Command then click. I do that and the apps just at first jiggle and then when I click, it opens the app. Thoughts?

Lynge

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
Copenhagen, Denamrk
How do you remove Icons from launchpad? Everyone keeps saying hold Control, Option, and Command then click. I do that and the apps just at first jiggle and then when I click, it opens the app. Thoughts?

I've got the same problem - I'm suspecting that it is because I'm on an Danish keyboard and use the danish version of Lion...

HappyJoe

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
Issue settled and LC's bad behaviour curbed

Yes, nowadays you find Launchpad.app in Applications.

It's a sloppily built app, alas, and a bit of a blot on Apples reputation. No Launchpad user should be without LaunchpadCleaner. Get it from http://zoltanb.co.uk/launchpadcleaner/ now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.