Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Simm0nS777
macrumors 6502a

Easiest Way to Print Pictures from iPhone

So lets say you go on a trip and take some pics with your iPhone 4 and do some work on them in Camera+. Now you want to print them. Is the easiest way just to transfer then onto your computer, onto a USB drive, then take it to whatever place that develops them?

Do you think Apple will ever implement an easier way like an SD card or something?
Simm0nS777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:11 PM   #2
s15119
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simm0nS777 View Post
So lets say you go on a trip and take some pics with your iPhone 4 and do some work on them in Camera+. Now you want to print them. Is the easiest way just to transfer then onto your computer, onto a USB drive, then take it to whatever place that develops them?

Do you think Apple will ever implement an easier way like an SD card or something?
AirPrint is the easiest way :-)
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356
s15119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:21 PM   #3
Simm0nS777
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15119 View Post
right but you need a compatible printer which I dont have and dont really wanna buy one just for printing pics every once and a while.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:30 PM   #4
seajay96
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Why not just upload to the cloud and then print them from wherever will print photos? Much easier than an SD card.
seajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Simm0nS777
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay96 View Post
Why not just upload to the cloud and then print them from wherever will print photos? Much easier than an SD card.
whats this cloud you speak of
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:52 AM   #6
seajay96
macrumors 6502

Quote:
whats this cloud you speak of
not sure what it means that I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, so here are some examples:

Photo specific websites:
Flickr
Picasa
Photobucket

Cloud storage websites
Dropbox - Free
Mobile Me - Pay site

It's fairly easy to upload individual photos from the iP4 to any of these sites although if your doing batch uploads, you'll need to do a search for applications that will do this for you. Once you've uploaded them to one of these websites, you can easily access them from any internet connected computer.

There are also some stores in the US like Walgreens and Walmart that allow you to upload to their site for printing and pickup in the store, I'm not sure if that will work directly from the iP4, but once you have the photos in the cloud, anything is possible

Walgreens
Walmart

Outside the US, you'll have to ask for a local store that does the same thing.
seajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:42 AM   #7
Dino F
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
right but you need a compatible printer which I dont have and dont really wanna buy one just for printing pics every once and a while.
....not necessarily!

I have an HP PSC 1215 All-in-One printer (its such an old model that it has since been dis-continued!) which is NOT on Apple's official compatible list but still works via Airprint.

I haven't done any mods or anything to it - just installed the Airprint app on my pc and iPhone and it just works.
Dino F is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Small White Car
macrumors G3

Quote:
Rather than asking us what the "easiest way" is you should probably ask what the "best way with my [kind of computer] and my [kind of printer]" is.

I had an app that printed to my printer even though it didn't work with AirPrint. There might be something like that for yours, but none of us know what you have so we can't give very good advice.
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:19 AM   #9
djransom
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15119 View Post
I agree with this method. I picked up a HP compatible print from Best Buy for about $70 a month ago.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:28 AM   #10
Reefbone
macrumors regular

Email them to yourself then print
Reefbone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 06:16 PM   #11
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Printopia $9.99 - Makes any printer on your Mac an AirPrint device.

If you have certain Epson printers, there is a free Epson app for printing photos off your phone. Works perfectly on my Artisan 810.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 06:53 PM   #12
AuroraProject
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Not always. I Airprint to my Dell 1815 network printer, I just had to make a few tweaks to get it working.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:58 AM   #13
rockgalmusic
Banned

A third party app?

i aggre with small white car, i dont' have an airprint enabled printer and nor do i particularly want one as i only bought my hp laserjet last year!! regarding apps, i would recommend print n share personally, it lets me print easily from my iphone and ipad and there support is really good if you get stuck. oh and works also with airprint and any other printer i have been told !
rockgalmusic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:00 AM   #14
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgalmusic View Post
i aggre with small white car, i dont' have an airprint enabled printer and nor do i particularly want one as i only bought my hp laserjet last year!! regarding apps, i would recommend print n share personally, it lets me print easily from my iphone and ipad and there support is really good if you get stuck. oh and works also with airprint and any other printer i have been told !
I think the OP probably moved on since February of 2011...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:03 AM   #15
Merlist
macrumors newbie

Forget printing at home with AirPrint. Tried it many times and its a hassle (for quality prints at least). Go with an app for getting pro home delivered prints like PostalPix (www.postalpix.com). There's a ton out there for photo postcards too, like Red Stamp (www.redstamp.com).
Merlist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:24 PM   #16
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
Printopia $9.99 - Makes any printer on your Mac an AirPrint device.

If you have certain Epson printers, there is a free Epson app for printing photos off your phone. Works perfectly on my Artisan 810.
Can you please clarify. I have an Artisan 810 too, I downloaded the Epson app from the App Store, but the EPS810 does not have AirPrint as a feature. Are you saying, if I purchase Printopia on my 4S, I can make my EPS810 airprint compatible?

When I print word.docs from my 4S, I have to import the doc into the Epson app and print from there. It won't allow me to just print when I press "PRINT" when viewing the doc. It's one extra step. Plus the text comes out blue and not black when I print using the EPSON app.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:18 PM   #17
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET iPhone Home View Post
Can you please clarify. I have an Artisan 810 too, I downloaded the Epson app from the App Store, but the EPS810 does not have AirPrint as a feature. Are you saying, if I purchase Printopia on my 4S, I can make my EPS810 airprint compatible?

When I print word.docs from my 4S, I have to import the doc into the Epson app and print from there. It won't allow me to just print when I press "PRINT" when viewing the doc. It's one extra step. Plus the text comes out blue and not black when I print using the EPSON app.
Printopia is an app for the Mac which enables an iOS-compatible printer share. It's not an app for the iPhone. But yes, it'll allow you to print from any AirPrint-capable app without the middle step of the Epson app.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:26 PM   #18
danielceleste
macrumors regular

For printing to non-AirPrint printers, I really like Printer Pro by Readdle.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/prin...410011612?mt=8

You might want to use the Lite version first to see if your printer is compatible, but most network printers are.
danielceleste is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone