Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:03 AM   #1
mattdo93
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to mattdo93
Changing the keyboard click sound?

Is there a way for me to change the sound of a keyboard when I click it? My brother just recently got an HTC phone and whenever he types on its keyboard the "clicks" sound really cool. It'd be great if there's something in Cydia that lets me do this!
mattdo93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:32 AM   #2
WhatAmI
macrumors 6502a

Last time I searched Cydia there were at least 7 diff sounds in the standard repos. how about the sound of an AK47, typewriter or a machine gun?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:33 AM   #3
samywamy10
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to samywamy10 Send a message via Skype™ to samywamy10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatAmI View Post
Last time I searched Cydia there were at least 7 diff sounds in the standard repos. how about the sound of an AK47, typewriter or a machine gun?
and I find those gun apps annoying...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:41 AM   #4
WhatAmI
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samywamy10 View Post
and I find those gun apps annoying...
to say the least....
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:29 AM   #5
hackthatphone
macrumors 68000

Or build your own theme and put whatever sound you want in there:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/4x/them..._section9.html
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:44 AM   #6
dudeabiding
macrumors 6502

ToneFXs lets you assign a variety of tones, or make your own. Costs a little bit, but gives you a lot of flexibility in a wide range of audio areas.

And yes, I hate the gun sounds, too. A keyboard sound shouldn't be overpowering or longer than the tap itself.
dudeabiding is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Acronym
macrumors 65816

if you want to change your keyboard sound you will need to find this directory on your phone (via SSH):

system/library/audio/UIsounds

from there you will need to change the Tock.caf to whatever you want the sound to be, make sure that everything is spelled exactly the same as the file you see.

or if you have winterboard installed and you don't want to replace the original file, then first create a folder (name it wahtever you like) and inside that folder create another called UIsounds. so it might be Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds then you will want to go here on your phone (via SSH):

Library/Themes/Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds place your Tock.caf file in there and enable your theme, respring.

then you will have a custom keyboard sound for your iphone.

**NOTE** files and file folders must be named exactly as they are seen on your phone, if the folder has uppercase letters you have to match that, same with the files you are intending on "overwriting" with winterboard **NOTE**
Acronym is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:36 PM   #8
mattdo93
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to mattdo93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acronym View Post
if you want to change your keyboard sound you will need to find this directory on your phone (via SSH):

system/library/audio/UIsounds

from there you will need to change the Tock.caf to whatever you want the sound to be, make sure that everything is spelled exactly the same as the file you see.

or if you have winterboard installed and you don't want to replace the original file, then first create a folder (name it wahtever you like) and inside that folder create another called UIsounds. so it might be Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds then you will want to go here on your phone (via SSH):

Library/Themes/Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds place your Tock.caf file in there and enable your theme, respring.

then you will have a custom keyboard sound for your iphone.

**NOTE** files and file folders must be named exactly as they are seen on your phone, if the folder has uppercase letters you have to match that, same with the files you are intending on "overwriting" with winterboard **NOTE**
Thanks for the info. Now I just need the file for the sound of the Android keyboard if anyone has it
mattdo93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks