Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:24 AM   #1
AFPoster
macrumors 65816

Class Recommendations

I am not listing any classes, but I am going to take some for Web Design and HTML or whatever else you all suggest. I really want to learn how to build websites, how to convert to HTML5 and pretty much do what this link: http://www.apple.com/html5/ shows. So my question is what are good classes to not only give me the basic skills but a path to become marketable, to learn and keep learning and just enjoy html5 coding and design work.

thanks
iPhone 5s 16gb
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Terrador
macrumors regular

I'm gonna be honest with you here: classes never helped me a darn bit. I'm in college now (senior) in MIS and have taken more programming classes than you can shake a stick at. I am so thankful I taught myself a lot before I got to college and have continued to teach myself. I used sites like w3schools.com and others similar to it.

Now I don't mean to discourage you from taking classes...maybe you actually have a cool community center with someone teaching who actually knows their stuff. I hope you can find a good class, but I recommend just jumping head-first into in on your own. All you needs is a computer with internet!

As for specific subjects, I recommend starting with basic HTML and the next step after that is to hit the floor running with CSS. Don't even worry about PHP, HTML5, javascript, etc until you know CSS very well.
Terrador is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:49 AM   #3
manueld
macrumors 6502

If I were you I would focus more on programming (php, javascript, etc) than html/css which is fairly easy to learn by just practicing.
manueld is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development