Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:44 PM   #1
boca76
macrumors member

Can't update my apps

Last Friday I wanted to change my Apple ID because I'm getting rid of my old e-mail address. I wanted to use my new mobile.me address.
After I tried it I got the message that this was not possible and I thought o.k. who cares I will leave the old one.
But for some reason I couldn't log into my account anymore and received an error message : Invalid username or password. I tried to recover both but it seemed like my account never existed.
I contacted Apple support by e-mail last Friday and after that three more times but I didn't get any response from them.
After not getting any help from support I thought let's recreate my account with the exact same data.
But after doing that I can't update any of my apps on my iPhone and get the error message : Can't connect to iTunes store.
The problem is that I have purchased apps worth hundreds of $.
I'm really ****** off because I don't get any help from Apple support. They are totally unprofessional.
What can I do to sort my problem ?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:55 PM   #2
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by boca76 View Post
Last Friday I wanted to change my Apple ID because I'm getting rid of my old e-mail address. I wanted to use my new mobile.me address.
After I tried it I got the message that this was not possible and I thought o.k. who cares I will leave the old one.
But for some reason I couldn't log into my account anymore and received an error message : Invalid username or password. I tried to recover both but it seemed like my account never existed.
I contacted Apple support by e-mail last Friday and after that three more times but I didn't get any response from them.
After not getting any help from support I thought let's recreate my account with the exact same data.
But after doing that I can't update any of my apps on my iPhone and get the error message : Can't connect to iTunes store.
The problem is that I have purchased apps worth hundreds of $.
I'm really ****** off because I don't get any help from Apple support. They are totally unprofessional.
What can I do to sort my problem ?
Unfortunately, you are stuck dealing with iTunes support. BTW, there are other threads, exactly like this one, with users trying to change their iTunes user id to a .me address. Send an email to a certain M.r Jobs at apple.com.
JamesMB is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone