Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery > UI Customization

Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:15 PM   #101
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag'nGT View Post
^ I just made that Yelp icon (red one) and the phone put that half crescent shine on it.

How do you get rid of that?
You have to go the app's folder located /var/mobile/Applications/ <-here find the Yelp folder.

Then go into the app and open the info.plist and find and change this line to "true", like this:

<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
<true/>
THE dAY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:46 PM   #102
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

Sorry for this long post. Could someone please edit these icons and get rid of the corners so they are rounded. I know it's a lot but it would mean the world to me. Thanks so much! (And keeping the same stylish look as the ones posted throughout this thread)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by xAnthony; Mar 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM.
xAnthony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:17 PM   #103
genetic
macrumors 6502

^ they shouldnt show up like that on the phone. thats what the mask/overlay is for. correct me if im wrong
genetic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:19 PM   #104
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

how are these?
Attached Images

THE dAY is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:21 PM   #105
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

more
Attached Images

Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:23 PM   #106
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic View Post
^ they shouldnt show up like that on the phone. thats what the mask/overlay is for. correct me if im wrong
I'm guessing some like to delete the mask/overlay?

more:
Attached Images

Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:24 PM   #107
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

Last two for xAnthony
Attached Images

Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:28 PM   #108
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE dAY View Post
Last two for xAnthony
Thanks so much man! They look awesome! Thanks again!

Quote:
Yeah I don't have the mask overlay anymore for some reason and it shows the square corners. I don't know how to get it back either.
xAnthony is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:38 PM   #109
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAnthony View Post
Thanks so much man! They look awesome! Thanks again!

Yeah I don't have the mask overlay anymore for some reason and it shows the square corners. I don't know how to get it back either.
Your welcome.. as for your mask overlay, maybe you have a theme that uses a transparent image for it?
What firmware 4.2.1?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:41 PM   #110
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Your welcome.. as for your mask overlay, maybe you have a theme that uses a transparent image for it?
What firmware 4.2.1?
Yeah I'm on 4.2.1. I sorta created the theme from scratch using random icons I have found. I made all the folders myself and I never added a mask overlay. I have no idea where to even get one nor where to place it.
xAnthony is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:54 PM   #111
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAnthony View Post
Yeah I'm on 4.2.1. I sorta created the theme from scratch using random icons I have found. I made all the folders myself and I never added a mask overlay. I have no idea where to even get one nor where to place it.
If your theme doesn't have a com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder in Bundles with transparent AppIconMask@2x.png inside then maybe you are using Summerboard mode in Winterboard? If so turn it off maybe that might do it?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:21 AM   #112
redbeard331
macrumors 6502a

Would it be possible to re-size this to 118x120?? And it shouldn't have that big white box around it, not sure why that's there..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facebook.png
Views:	46
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	274912  
redbeard331 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:24 AM   #113
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

Quote:
If your theme doesn't have a com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder in Bundles with transparent AppIconMask@2x.png inside then maybe you are using Summerboard mode in Winterboard? If so turn it off maybe that might do it?
Yeah I don't have -> com.apple.mobileicons.framework in the theme folder, and I am running summerboard. Tomorrow I'm going to try and turn summerboard off and see if that works with those squared icons. Thanks for your help!
xAnthony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:21 AM   #114
THE dAY
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard331 View Post
Would it be possible to re-size this to 118x120?? And it shouldn't have that big white box around it, not sure why that's there..
First one is 114x114 for appstore size, second one is 118x120 like you requested.
Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:12 AM   #115
redbeard331
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1r0ll3r View Post
Don't have the notes one but here is the mail icon you wanted.
Awesome, thanks!!!!
redbeard331 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:14 AM   #116
redbeard331
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
First one is 114x114 for appstore size, second one is 118x120 like you requested.
Sweet! Thanks a lot!!
redbeard331 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:37 AM   #117
NWI73
Banned

I want to change my bitesms icon and went in my themes bundles but didn't see anything for bitesms. I saw mobilesms but that's my normal sms icon. Where do I drop the bitesms icon?
NWI73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 09:49 AM   #118
fsck-y dingo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWI73 View Post
I want to change my bitesms icon and went in my themes bundles but didn't see anything for bitesms. I saw mobilesms but that's my normal sms icon. Where do I drop the bitesms icon?
Create a new folder named com.bitesms and put the bitesms icon in there. Add that folder to your theme's bundles folder and respring. The png should be named icon@2x.png or it won't work.
fsck-y dingo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:34 AM   #119
Drag'nGT
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsck-y dingo View Post
Create a new folder named com.bitesms and put the bitesms icon in there. Add that folder to your theme's bundles folder and respring. The png should be named icon@2x.png or it won't work.
I've been directly changing each app. It's a pain to look for every one too but how easy is it to make a theme for the icons I want and getting it to work?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:46 AM   #120
h1r0ll3r
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag'nGT View Post
I've been directly changing each app. It's a pain to look for every one too but how easy is it to make a theme for the icons I want and getting it to work?
Easy way? Take the Avant 2 HD theme, for example. Download this and delete all the icons in each folder. If you have other apps you want to change icons for then you'll need to add new folders as needed. Take whatever icon you want, phone/sms/mail/etc, and place it into the folders for this theme. You can put as many icons as you want in there but you'll need to change the naming, obviously, so only one will show up. Once you're done, change the theme name to something and load on to your phone.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:05 AM   #121
Drag'nGT
macrumors 68000

Ok, I can do that. I'll look into the themes then. I've actually avoided themes to this point. I like to change my lock screen and just have clear folders and different icons. I'm a simple man.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:24 AM   #122
NWI73
Banned

Quote:
Easy way? Take the Avant 2 HD theme, for example. Download this and delete all the icons in each folder. If you have other apps you want to change icons for then you'll need to add new folders as needed. Take whatever icon you want, phone/sms/mail/etc, and place it into the folders for this theme. You can put as many icons as you want in there but you'll need to change the naming, obviously, so only one will show up. Once you're done, change the theme name to something and load on to your phone.
How's this any different than taking the icons and placing them into your themes bundles folders? j/w.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:32 AM   #123
h1r0ll3r
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWI73 View Post
How's this any different than taking the icons and placing them into your themes bundles folders? j/w.
Same thing really. Most people I've seen here use widgets as opposed to entire themes so keeping the theme separate from the icons is a little easier to manage I guess. I like changing up my widgets frequently but not so with my icons. Once you deactivate a widget then the icon bundle in that theme will also get deactivated. Personal preference is what it really boils down to. I just like keeping both separate to avoid any style issues that may arise
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:57 AM   #124
NWI73
Banned

Good point. I am running into the issues you described right now. I really need to consolidate the themes running and keep the icons separate.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:01 PM   #125
NWI73
Banned

Quote:
In the case of doing this, do you utilize the whole download then make the mentioned changes and load the whole thing or do you just take the bundles from that theme and add the bundles into one of your phone?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery > UI Customization