Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IbanezBoy67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Hey guys. I just bought a used 3GS 32gb. It was already jailbroken and unlocked. Now I'm noticing the battery doesn't last very long, like 1% every 3-5 minutes of internet. My iPod Touch used to last longer than this. I've done some research and I believe it's because of the unlocking/activating process. Currently, the version is 4.2.1 and I believe the baseband is 06.15.00 (modem firmware). I'm not sure how the last owner jailbroke *or activated it, but I think it was unlocked with Ultrasn0w, since it's installed in Cydia. If I restore it, will I still be able to jailbreak and unlock it? Because I'm with Koodo and I need the unlock. I don't want to restore it and find out I can't use it because I can't unlock it. And right now, I'm with Koodo. The phone was originally with Rogers. Will I have to go back to a Koodo kiosk to set it up if I restore it? And also, does anyone know how to use this so called "SAM Tool"? I hear it fixes the battery issue. Basically, I just want to restore the phone, jailbreak it and unlock it, and fix the battery issue. I'm completely new to the whole iPhone unlocking thing so any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.