Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
im looking for a thin case that still shows off the back. so far ive found the switcheasy nude, pinlo slice 3, and caze zero 5 matte.. any ideas or reviews?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
im looking for a thin case that still shows off the back. so far ive found the switcheasy nude, pinlo slice 3, and caze zero 5 matte.. any ideas or reviews?

There's many out there. I personally would go with front and back screen protectors and some type of bumper. But if you wanna stick to a case that shows the phone's design somewhat, try incipio NGO which you can grab at your local walmart. And also take a look at speck seethru/satin. Those are some awesome cases. Take a look at them.

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
Not really thin, but it sure is sexy! It's the SwitchEasy TRIM

a.jpg

04_a.jpg

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Totally agree about the SwitchEasy Trim! I have one on my iP4 right now and it's great. It is a nice solid case, but it isn't too bulky. For the $19.99 price tag, you really can't beat it.

nies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone have any experience with the speck see thru satin

JPT

macrumors regular
May 4, 2006
Lifeproof has a nice, thin case. And a major plus is that it's waterproof! The only bad part is that it is not out yet :(

Edit: Forgive me, but it looks like this case does not show the back of the iPhone... Sorry!

Your LifeProof™ everyday case for iPhone 4 is sleek, refined, convenient and unobtrusive.
• Ultra-slim and adds only 1/16” (1.5mm) to the depth of your iPhone and weighs less than an ounce (28g).
• Unique combination of materials that will not stick to your pocket
• Protects against every-day hazards—full IP-68 rating against water and dust, and designed to Military Specifications
• Ability to swim and take underwater (2 meters/6.6ft depth). Optional adapter allows use of waterproof headphones underwater
• Double AR-coated optical glass lenses provide unprecedented crystal-clear photo and video quality
• High degree of shock and impact protection—tested to Military Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5 (2 meters/6.6ft drop on all surfaces and edges. 26 tests)
• Fully sealed protection against minute dust particles
• All phone features are operational while maintaining a high level of protection

Last edited:

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
Check out the iSkin Solo. It's an amazing case and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Does anyone know a good case like the OP is describing but that has a lip that slighty covers the front bezel? So that I can lay my iPhone flat on a surface without it touching The screen?

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Does anyone know a good case like the OP is describing but that has a lip that slighty covers the front bezel? So that I can lay my iPhone flat on a surface without it touching The screen?

The Switcheasy TRIM has a nice lay on table design.

There's also the Griffin Reveal, which is $20 at Wal-Mart

I'd get the NGP, shows off the back, has lay on table, and provides amazing protection for the price

nies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I wanna order a craze zero 5 matte but no one knows much about it

patp

Apr 10, 2008
the caze cases look killer. Probably going to pickup the zero 5 case. its real close to the switcheasy nude and it fits the VZW iPhone. Its very minimal, looks like the phone is naked.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Anyone have any experience with this one from Ultra Case?

I just bought an iPhone 4 and want to protect it without a lot of bulk.

:)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've been alternating between a few bumpers (a black Apple one, a red/black one, and a white/black one), and using a screen protector on the back of the iPhone. It's been working really well and is very minimalistic. My iPhone is still mint, so this combo obviously protects very well.

I bought the bumpers here: http://www.sw-box.com/wholesale-Iphone-4-Bumper-Cases.html

And the screen protectors here: http://www.sw-box.com/wholesale-Iphone-Screen-Protector.html

I've ordered from them twice. The shipping isn't the fastest, but the products are very nice.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010

Griffin Reveal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeUfwNBwF0&feature=related

lady.j

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
There's many out there. I personally would go with front and back screen protectors and some type of bumper. But if you wanna stick to a case that shows the phone's design somewhat, try incipio NGO which you can grab at your local walmart. And also take a look at speck seethru/satin. Those are some awesome cases. Take a look at them.

Speck seethru/satin case or switcheasy Vulcan white?? which is better?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Speck seethru/satin case or switcheasy Vulcan white?? which is better?

Never tried the Vulcan but haven't heard nothing but good things, I really like the seethru satin though for sure. They are similar cases so it's your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.