Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:15 AM   #1
stoneje
macrumors newbie

Is there a good survey tool for iPad?

I'm trying to develop a short (5-ish questions, all multiple choice) survey that I can have customers complete after they receive a brief product training delivered on the iPad from employees at my company. I've been researching this a bit online, and it seems like the survey tools I've come across are either a) really expensive and far more featured than I need, b) designed by a kid, or c) a scam.

I'd even build a survey in the iPad version of Pages or Numbers if it would work easily. I want the customer to take all of 30 seconds to touch their answers, and I want the answers to be stored somewhere for me to access and analyze later. I don't care whether that's on a survey site or on the iPads themselves, but I want it to work and it needs to be easy to use!

Also, the survey needs to work when there is no internet connection available. We will have at least 5 iPads collecting data over a 3+ month period.

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!
stoneje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:25 PM   #2
stoneje
macrumors newbie

Nothing? There's got to be an answer!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:14 PM   #3
steve.cohn
macrumors newbie

Good Survey Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
Nothing? There's got to be an answer!
Well, maybe our product falls into the "too expensive" basket but just in case you didnt come across us please take a look at www.isurveysoft.com. If you purchase this month you'll be helping a good cause too...
steve.cohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:15 PM   #4
neko girl
macrumors 6502a

Phil Schiller demoed how this could be done in Numbers during the iPad keynote..
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:46 PM   #5
MultiFinder17
macrumors 65816

My University uses Polldaddy - their offerings work really well and aren't too awfully expensive.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:49 AM   #6
stoneje
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.cohn View Post
Well, maybe our product falls into the "too expensive" basket but just in case you didnt come across us please take a look at www.isurveysoft.com. If you purchase this month you'll be helping a good cause too...
I checked out your product, and $89/month was too much for me - sorry! It looks (as many similar products do) very capable. Since I'm doing something extremely basic, it's probably more than we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko girl View Post
Phil Schiller demoed how this could be done in Numbers during the iPad keynote..
Thank you! I went back and watched Phil's presentation and it's just what I needed to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiFinder17 View Post
My University uses Polldaddy - their offerings work really well and aren't too awfully expensive.
Another good option that unfortunately costs more than zero dollars... thanks for the feedback, though.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:28 PM   #7
ipadsultan
macrumors newbie

Survey tool for iPad

For a very intuitive app, use Zwoor survey. Our clients use it for street surveys in all markets. It works offline, with no connectivity, and has ample free downloads. We like it quite a bit, hence the reco.
Solid collection of templates, so you can use what other people contributed to the library.

Check them out at http://www.zwoor.com/products/survey , or simply search for Zwoor Survey on google.
The iPad version is on the iTunes as Zwoor Survey HD.
ipadsultan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 AM   #8
alice2
macrumors newbie

QuickTapSurvey

QuickTapSurvey is exactly what you're looking for. They have a great free version and you can collect data while you're not connected to the internet. Check them out! http://quicktapsurvey.com
alice2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:11 AM   #9
ebellity
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Best survey iPad app !

Hi, have you looked at HeyCrowd ?

We're a startup and our core product is a iPhone & iPad app for surveys. You can build your survey using our survey creation tool and you'll be given both a web URL and a code to access the survey directly on our iOS app.

Don't hesitate to send me an email if you have any question (emmanuel at heycrowd.com)
ebellity is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:01 PM   #10
nudua
macrumors newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
Also, the survey needs to work when there is no internet connection available. We will have at least 5 iPads collecting data over a 3+ month period.
It seems to me that the job you want to get done fits very well with the new iPad Survey App from Caretotell.

Featured that relates to you:
  • Offline support
  • Multiple iPad on same account (you can filter survey data by iPads)
  • Real-time analytics and reports, and export capabilities.

And if you don't use this survey too much, you may get away with paying nothing. The app is free.

Anyways, I can vouch for it
nudua is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad