Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Alpha Gamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
I keep seeing screenshots of iPods/iPhones with the battery percentage displayed next to the battery bar. I assumed it was a feature of iOS4 but i've checked my new iPod Touch 4 on the latest firmware and can't find any setting to show it. How do I get it?

nukem170

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
Well that sucks.:(

Why don't Touch's get it by default?

Just because apple doesn't feel like it. It's not that they cant. Apple does this a lot. Like why cant you have custom tones for texts? Why can't iPod 2G has a wallpaper? Just to piss you off and make you dish out more money for the next gen device.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
To be honest I don't even like the battery percentage feature. I turned it off on my iPhone. As for my iPod Touch, when I jailbroke my device I had it and I constantly saw it going down every few minutes of using it and I got so annoyed by watching my battery drain that I had to turn it off.

EugenexYew

macrumors regular
Last time I was DYING for battery percentage on my iPod.

But after some time, you tend to notice the numbers and not use it as much, cause you constantly want to save batt.

Unlike, when there were no figure and there was like nothing to tell you how much juice it had left except for a red battery.

kennyfool

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
Battery Percentage

I've found two ways to get a semi accurate batter percentage on my IPT 4G. One is jailbroken, the other is not.

1st one (jailbroken):
go into cydia and install a package called "battery percentage without 3GS". This works on IPT 4g and it is under the Pwncenter repo. When you install and respring, you should have an option in general settings that lets you enable a batter percantage that is some what accurate... give or take about 5%.

The next one (no jailbroken) doesn't really give you an actual percentage, but its pretty cool, it TELLS you the percentage.

Go into general settings>accessibility>voice over and turn it on. then, go back to accessibility and go down to where it says "triple click home" this option configures how the home button behaves when you triple click it. Check the option that says "toggle voice over". Now exit settings and triple click the home button to activate voice over and hit the battery icon at the top right. The weird female robot voice should read you the actual percentage of your battery.

I think both of these options are a good alternative to SBsettings which, to me, is a battery hog. :apple:

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
The next one (no jailbroken) doesn't really give you an actual percentage, but its pretty cool, it TELLS you the percentage.

Go into general settings>accessibility>voice over and turn it on. then, go back to accessibility and go down to where it says "triple click home" this option configures how the home button behaves when you triple click it. Check the option that says "toggle voice over". Now exit settings and triple click the home button to activate voice over and hit the battery icon at the top right. The weird female robot voice should read you the actual percentage of your battery.

I had no idea this was possible. A definite great option to have the battery percentage on at all times and beats going in to turn it on when it's low the check status.

iPhone 4 running 5.0.1

Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.