Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBallin22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy my mbp this week and just a question on the 13' model. I using my laptop for djing and gaming and was curious if the i7 will make a larger difference in proformance than the i5. The only game i play is sc2 and from what i heard ill be able to play it with medium settings with a pleasurable experience. Which ever one I go with I play to get it with a 128 SSD.

Thanks for your input!

Sanderr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Can't tell you about gaming but for DJing the i5 will be more than sufficient. What Djing software do you use?

MacBallin22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
right now i use virtual dj on a pc but i think im going to switch to djay because then i can work of these vestax controller.

Wesko

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
The Netherlands
I can't make up my mind either. i5 or i7 in combination with a 128GB SSD..

Most people say the i5 with a SSD will be more than enough to run most software smoothly. The difference in price between the i5 or i7 isn't very small, but will it be worth the extra $$? Hyperthreading/OSX Lion/More future proof/etc. How much of a difference will you actually notice in the end?

I'm not sure..

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
I can't make up my mind either. i5 or i7 in combination with a 128GB SSD..

Most people say the i5 with a SSD will be more than enough to run most software smoothly. The difference in price between the i5 or i7 isn't very small, but will it be worth the extra $$? Hyperthreading/OSX Lion/More future proof/etc. How much of a difference will you actually notice in the end?

I'm not sure..

You won't notice unless you hit "about this mac".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.