Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 2, 2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Lucbert
macrumors regular

Send a message via ICQ to Lucbert Send a message via AIM to Lucbert Send a message via Skype™ to Lucbert
Does the iPhone 4 front facing camera make you look ugly?

Hey guys,
This might seem like a stupid question at first but I still hope that you guys can help me!
When I use the front facing camera on the iPhone 4, my face looks a lot more narrow and longish than it looks in a mirror or in pictures taken with the rear cam.
The effect is very noticable to the point where i don't want to use facetime anymore because it makes me look so weird.
Not only does it make my face look more narrow than it usually looks but it also makes my chin look pointy.
Have any of you noticed anything similar?

I look forward to reading your replies!!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 07:25 AM   #2
nStyle
macrumors 6502a

It's a super wide angle lens... so you're going to have some distortion. The equivalent on a full frame camera is probably about 30mm... which is pretty wide...

So, the closer you are, the more distortion.
nStyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting