Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAppleDragon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'm using Lion server.

Call me a noob if you will, but I just can't get my self hosted site to work outside my LAN.

How do I set it up so that others can access it from my co.cc domain?

It's being stored in the WebServer folder I believe, and fed from the .local domain.

Thanks...

etchtech09

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
This could be as simple as setting up port forwarding on your modem/router or as complex as setting up routing on your network. It depends on your situation with your connection to the outside world.

I suppose a few more details for specific help would be required. Do you want it visible to the outside world, or just another subnet that you are connected to? Are you on a corporate network, or a small network with a basic ISP modem/router that you have access to?

Edit: Do you want to publish it to a hosted co.cc domain, or host it on your own server?

TheAppleDragon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
This could be as simple as setting up port forwarding on your modem/router or as complex as setting up routing on your network. It depends on your situation with your connection to the outside world.

I suppose a few more details for specific help would be required. Do you want it visible to the outside world, or just another subnet that you are connected to? Are you on a corporate network, or a small network with a basic ISP modem/router that you have access to?

Edit: Do you want to publish it to a hosted co.cc domain, or host it on your own server?
I would prefer to have it accessible by everyone, though I plan to only let a few people know the link to it.
I'm on a private LAN, nothing fancy or related to business or others aside from myself really.

I was told that I had to get an external domain for it to work, and I'd like to use that in the link.

I checked my 2WIRE and it said that Mac OS X server is already being forwarded, yet when I switch to a nearby separate LAN I am unable to get it to work.

Thanks again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.