Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Uguubot
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Minnesota
Should I sell iPad 1 through Gazelle or eBay?

I got a $440 offer for my 32gb wi-fi only iPad.

Has anyone sold through gazelle?
Uguubot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:29 PM   #2
OneMike
macrumors 68040
 
OneMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Never heard of Gazelle so my first thing is to do a google search for Gazelle and when one of the top results that come up is Gazelle and scam. Raises a flag.

I'd try local with craigslist personally.
OneMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:36 PM   #3
captjoe06
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I'm hoping to sell mine locally. Not for an iPad 2 but for a laptop. It's a great device but I just want to be more productive as far as writing, video editing and posting to my blog on the road. With speedy processors being stuffed into laptops for short money I'm ready to make the switch.

Mine is a two month old 16gb wifi iPad that is absolutely like brand new and I hope to sell it for $375US. With the camera connection kit and a mar ware case.

I wouldn't sell it for a penny less. It will be interesting to see if people are interested now that iPad 2 is here. IMO the new one isn't a huge bump up. If they improved the display and included an sd card slot I would have gone with the iPad 2.
captjoe06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:37 PM   #4
RCGMac
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMike View Post
Never heard of Gazelle so my first thing is to do a google search for Gazelle and when one of the top results that come up is Gazelle and scam. Raises a flag.

I'd try local with craigslist personally.
I am surprised that you found them to be negative. I just sold them my old MyTouch 3G and they payed for shipping and I got my money via PayPal in less than a week. You can also get a mailed check from them. $440 may not be bad, especially now that someone can get a refurb 32GB Wi-Fi from Apple for $429.

They sent me emails throughout the process keeping me updated on the status of my item.
RCGMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Loves2spoon
macrumors 65816
 
Loves2spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uguubot View Post
I got a $440 offer for my 32gb wi-fi only iPad.

Has anyone sold through gazelle?
craigslist! you can easily sell it for $500+
__________________
iPhone 5s 16gb, iPad 4 16gb WiFi, 13" mbp, magic mouse, iPod Shuffle, iPod Video, Apple Tv 3
Loves2spoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:40 PM   #6
RCGMac
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2spoon View Post
craigslist! you can easily sell it for $500+
Really?! Even with the old 32GB wifi going for $499 from Apple new, or a refurb for $429.
RCGMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:42 PM   #7
Loves2spoon
macrumors 65816
 
Loves2spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGMac View Post
Really?! Even with the old 32GB wifi going for $499 from Apple new, or a refurb for $429.
[YMMV] lol
sold my 16gb wifi with case for $450 & 32gb wifi with case for $550
__________________
iPhone 5s 16gb, iPad 4 16gb WiFi, 13" mbp, magic mouse, iPod Shuffle, iPod Video, Apple Tv 3
Loves2spoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:44 PM   #8
RCGMac
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2spoon View Post
[YMMV] lol
sold my 16gb wifi with case for $450 & 32gb wifi with case for $550
I am sure you did BEFORE the price drop. I think the used market just saw a big correction with Apple clearing out the old stock.

OP, not sure what price you had in mind but eBay will take a chunk of your price for themselves, same with PayPal if you go that route. I would recommend either CL or a place like Gazelle.
RCGMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:45 PM   #9
Kadin
macrumors 6502a
 
Kadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Prices yesterday and beyond will not reflect what you can sell it for now. It just took a $100 hit in the 'Clearance' part of Apple's store.

As to the sites, I hate eBay and don't know about Gazelle. CL has always come through for me...

Last edited by Kadin; Mar 6, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
Kadin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:49 AM   #10
tivoboy
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2005
ebay

I got a price lock from ebay for 477$ on monday, sent it off tuesday, hopefully THEIR pre-paid shipping label gets there by next tuesday when the guarantee wears off.

477$, no hassle sold for a 32GB wifi ipad gen 1 seemed a good deal to me.
tivoboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:52 PM   #11
AJsAWiz
macrumors 68000
 
AJsAWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ohio
Send a message via AIM to AJsAWiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGMac View Post
I am surprised that you found them to be negative. I just sold them my old MyTouch 3G and they payed for shipping and I got my money via PayPal in less than a week. You can also get a mailed check from them. $440 may not be bad, especially now that someone can get a refurb 32GB Wi-Fi from Apple for $429.

They sent me emails throughout the process keeping me updated on the status of my item.
Glad to hear of your positive experience with Gazelle. They seemed to check out okay (overall that is) with the BBB.
__________________
AJsAWiz
AJsAWiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:06 PM   #12
M87
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I've dealt with gazelle several times and never had a single issue.
__________________
I <3 
M87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Apple Expert
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
I got a price lock from ebay for 477$ on monday, sent it off tuesday, hopefully THEIR pre-paid shipping label gets there by next tuesday when the guarantee wears off.

477$, no hassle sold for a 32GB wifi ipad gen 1 seemed a good deal to me.
Let us know how this transaction went. Been looking to do the same thing.
Apple Expert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:53 PM   #14
3goldens
macrumors 68000
 
3goldens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
got a link for the ebay site to sell?
3goldens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:03 AM   #15
LoganT
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Gazelle is easier and safer, but eBay pays more.
LoganT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:20 AM   #16
ntrigue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to ntrigue
I got $415 for my 32GB WiFi last week. eBay
ntrigue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:24 AM   #17
bobright
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrigue View Post
I got $415 for my 32GB WiFi last week. eBay
Are people not worried about being scammed on a high priced item like this over eBay?

I'm familiar with selling smaller items and getting a delivery confirmation for proof of delivery with paypal, but on something like this what would have you covered? Im assuming insurance of some kind which is probably pricey and a signature? still seems risky
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:28 AM   #18
DDustiNN
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
Are people not worried about being scammed on a high priced item like this over eBay?

I'm familiar with selling smaller items and getting a delivery confirmation for proof of delivery with paypal, but on something like this what would have you covered? Im assuming insurance of some kind which is probably pricey and a signature? still seems risky
Delivery confirmation along with eBay Seller Protection.
DDustiNN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:31 AM   #19
Braindead360
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I'd try Craigslist first. I was the victim of a SNAD scam when I sold my 32GB last year, and that was not fun at all. I sold my 16GB yesterday through Craigslist, and got $375 for it.
Braindead360 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:22 PM   #20
ntrigue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to ntrigue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
Are people not worried about being scammed on a high priced item like this over eBay?

I'm familiar with selling smaller items and getting a delivery confirmation for proof of delivery with paypal, but on something like this what would have you covered? Im assuming insurance of some kind which is probably pricey and a signature? still seems risky
I have over 90 transactions all of which are 100% positive feedbacks.
ntrigue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 06:58 PM   #21
bobright
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Delivery confirmation along with eBay Seller Protection.
What is this pretty much just selling to a verified customer via Paypal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrigue View Post
I have over 90 transactions all of which are 100% positive feedbacks.
So basically what youre saying is as long as you have got really good feedback Paypal most likely will side with ya in the event of someone say claiming they never got it or got a package of books? I actually have a ebay account feedback score of 260 100% positive never had any problems....but also never sold anything over 300 dollars just seems risky to me
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:12 PM   #22
Apple Expert
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I'm selling mine on Gazelle. I'm getting 556 for a 64GB+3G. Hopefully it goes well as this is my first time doing this. I normally eBay it, but with the huge drop in price and those stupid eBay & PayPal fees. This appears to be the most profitable option. I tried Craig's List, but I just nothing but spam.
Apple Expert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:04 PM   #23
M87
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Expert View Post
I'm selling mine on Gazelle. I'm getting 556 for a 64GB+3G. Hopefully it goes well as this is my first time doing this. I normally eBay it, but with the huge drop in price and those stupid eBay & PayPal fees. This appears to be the most profitable option. I tried Craig's List, but I just nothing but spam.
Dammit, I'm only getting $533. Their offer went up. I didn't expect that to happen.
__________________
I <3 
M87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:11 PM   #24
Apple Expert
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by M87 View Post
Dammit, I'm only getting $533. Their offer went up. I didn't expect that to happen.
Try code "ipadtoday".
Apple Expert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:08 PM   #25
bobright
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
Gazelle is easier and safer, but eBay pays more.

How is it safer ?
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do people choose to sell their device to gazelle or recycling company ? mplayers2005 Community Discussion 11 Jan 13, 2014 02:49 PM
Gazelle, wonder where they sell all the phones and computers they buy? entatlrg Community Discussion 3 Jan 12, 2014 06:03 AM
All iPads: How to sell your Ipad on ebay Lamarak iPad 9 Oct 27, 2013 12:19 PM
Where does gazelle and other recycling phone site sell their iPhones to? mplayers2005 Buying Tips and Advice 1 May 13, 2013 11:38 AM
Has anyone bought FROM Gazelle or eBay instant sale? BruiserB iPhone 2 Jan 10, 2013 10:08 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC