Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
That was one of my favorite features of the original case, that you could fold it back out of the way nicely.

I didn't see any pictures/video where they do this. In fact, they just remove the case.

Has anyone seen any pics/vid where the case is folded back like the iPad1 case?

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I'm more thinking about holding it. I don't want to have to take the cover off every time I want to use it.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
This is what I really want to know too, from the Gizmodo video it does look like it folds back but it's not very clear. Hopefully some better video of this will come out.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I liked that the original case had some padding for the top/sides but it did feel rather bulky. I was considering for the iPad2 going with those clear protectors and just being careful (I'm not one to drop things in general).

This looks like a nice compromise. The only thing is potentially scratching it while sliding it around with the cover closed. Probably go with one of those clear protectors for the back with a camera hole for piece of mind.

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
This is what I really want to know too, from the Gizmodo video it does look like it folds back but it's not very clear. Hopefully some better video of this will come out.

It looks pretty clear to me. The ipad was flat on the table and i didnt even notice that it had the case on it. And she picked it up and flipped the case over.

freddy425

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm sold on the cover now that I see that it folds back all the way, but a little hesitant to get the leather one becuase of the note on :apple: site...(*The leather Smart Cover is crafted from high-quality, naturally treated material that gets its color from a rich aniline dye. Some color may rub off during use.)

I wonder what this will be like/what kind of affect it will have..

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Uestion.

I wonder what this will be like/what kind of affect it will have..

Ever own leather boots or shoes or belts?

Personally if I were going for an ipad2, I wouldn't pay the premium for the leather cover and thus I'd never have to worry about the question in the first place. ;). (while a fine machine, im in no hurry to upgrade as the major changes aren't iareas that are of significant importance to me.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.