Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Well, Apple seems pretty confident that they can produce a white iPad front so do you think they will make the iPhone 5 white along with black and even possibly we'll see a white iPhone 4 this year?

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Would you really buy a white iPhone 4 at this point? I was thinking about it but now that I see all the new tech probably going into the iPhone 5 from the iPad 2 I'll wait. The new iPhone will be blazing fast and pretty obviously in white. They even made fun of their error at the presentation today saying that both colors would be available at launch. For real this time.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
If the rumors are true about why the White iPhone 4 hasn't been released yet (the white backplate being to translucent that it affects photos taken with the camera), the iPad 2 won't have those same issues because the back of the iPad is still made of Aluminum, so photos won't be affected at all and the front white bezel was never the issue with the iPhone 4.

ipodnano_1stgen_grp.141144237.jpg

Apple knows how to make white products and releasing a white model along side the black model is nothing new, but because the iPhone 4 had manufacturing issues doesn't mean that the iPad will suffer the same fate. Now will they finally release the iPhone 4 in white? no one knows. like I said above, they don't seem to suffer from the same issues, so its hard to say if they have been fixed.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
If the rumors are true about why the White iPhone 4 hasn't been released yet (the white backplate being to translucent that it affects photos taken with the camera), the iPad 2 won't have those same issues because the back of the iPad is still made of Aluminum, so photos won't be affected at all and the front white bezel was never the issue with the iPhone 4.

ipodnano_1stgen_grp.141144237.jpg

Apple knows how to make white products and releasing a white model along side the black model is nothing new, but because the iPhone 4 had manufacturing issues doesn't mean that the iPad will suffer the same fate. Now will they finally release the iPhone 4 in white? no one knows. like I said above, they don't seem to suffer from the same issues, so its hard to say if they have been fixed.

I love that black ipod nano. I bought one the day they came out and beat the living h*ll out of it. Still works like a champ, as far as I know. I lent it to a family member who now has an iPhone and is sending it back. I hope its in the mailbox tonight. Perfect for the gym. I can run it over and step on it and it'll still run. What a beast.

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
Well, Apple seems pretty confident that they can produce a white iPad front so do you think they will make the iPhone 5 white along with black and even possibly we'll see a white iPhone 4 this year?

I don't think that they will bother getting a white iPhone 4 out. If they were going to do that surly they would have offered the Verizon iPhone 4 in white.

iPhone 5 however, I expect that will come in black and white.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I don't think that they will bother getting a white iPhone 4 out. If they were going to do that surly they would have offered the Verizon iPhone 4 in white.

iPhone 5 however, I expect that will come in black and white.

The white iPhone is a lot different than a white iPad. The iPad doesn't have a flash so you don't have to worry about washing out as you do with the iPhone. I do think they will release a white iPhone 5 though.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Have you guys been on Apple's website and seen the picture of the man and woman facetiming with the iPad 2? The black guy is on the iPad with the black frame and the lighter skin girl (almost white) is on the iPad with the white frame. I thought it was hilarious and I can't believe Apple did that.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Have you guys been on Apple's website and seen the picture of the man and woman facetiming with the iPad 2? The black guy is on the iPad with the black frame and the lighter skin girl (almost white) is on the iPad with the white frame. I thought it was hilarious and I can't believe Apple did that.

OMG that is the first thing I noticed and pointed it out to my friends immediately, I don't know if that was an oversight or on purpose, but it is funnily odd.

screenshot20110303at830.png

EDIT: More oversight (I guess).

screenshot20110303at833.png
screenshot20110303at834.png

Last edited:

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
The issue with the white iPhone was the flash washing out pictures. Also there was screen bleed. Not sure if the iPad 2 bazel is glass, though.

Gjeepguy

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
OMG that is the first thing I noticed and pointed it out to my friends immediately, I don't know if that was an oversight or on purpose, but it is funnily odd.

screenshot20110303at830.png

but wouldnt that mean the white girl has the black ipad and the black guy has the white one?

EvilEvil

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
New York City
Would you really buy a white iPhone 4 at this point? I was thinking about it but now that I see all the new tech probably going into the iPhone 5 from the iPad 2 I'll wait. The new iPhone will be blazing fast and pretty obviously in white. They even made fun of their error at the presentation today saying that both colors would be available at launch. For real this time.

People are still buying the 3GS.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't think that we will ever see a white iPhone 4. At this point in time it doesn't seem worthwhile to make one only to introduce the next iPhone in a couple of months. If Apple finally got the paint right, they are saving it for the iPhone 5.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I don't think that we will ever see a white iPhone 4. At this point in time it doesn't seem worthwhile to make one only to introduce the next iPhone in a couple of months. If Apple finally got the paint right, they are saving it for the iPhone 5.

Exactly. What's the point releasing the White iPhone 4 anytime soon when the iPhone 5 will be released in about 3 months?

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Apparently the problems are happening with the proximity sensor and camera flash ... none which the iPad has.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.