Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

112106-ipad_clearance_16gb.jpg

With Apple having most yesterday to slash prices on the first-generation iPad models by $100 to clear stock ahead of next week's debut of the second-generation iPad, Electricpig.co.uk reports that Apple will indeed issue a refund for the price difference to customers who recently purchased iPads, as long as they file within the 14-day return window.
We were assured by Apple's sales team that Apple would just refund the £100 price difference, without any complicated returns and exchanges, so you can take advantage of the price drop on the original iPad. Good news! The catch is that you'll need to be within the 14-day returns window, which doesn't leave much wiggle room for those outside of that window. You'll also need your receipt.
The policy is a standard one outlined in Apple's sales policies:
Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 14 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change.
The policy is obviously in place to simplify things for both Apple and its customers, as customers could return their original purchase within the 14-day window and repurchase a new one at the lower price. The refund policy eliminates the hassle for both sides, and also allows customers who have personalized their iPads and would thus be unable to return them to also receive the lower price.

Article Link: Apple Offering $100 Refunds to Recent iPad Customers

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I believe most people buy without research and not the other way around. :p

Agree completely. Whenever I talk to someone whose considering an iPhone and I tell them to wait for the iPhone (insert next gen number here) they always say "Oh are they going to make a new one? When does that come out?"

"IN JUNE, YOU IDIOT!" I shout in my head, though my lips say something more like "Yep, every year ... every June, for the rest of our lives."

Most people don't know when something came out or how long the refresh cycle is. Most people don't really even care.

Mistrblank

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
It's funny to think people still exist whom buy without research.

A friend of mine bought a new MacBook for his girlfriend (jointly with her parents) for her birthday. They bought it 3 days before the new MacBooks were announced, he told me AFTER they bought it and after the announcement. I wanted to slap the crap out of him.

TrickyTree1984

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
Uk
£ or $

I cannot help but notice that the article states "Apple would just refund the £100 price difference". Pounds?? The price has not dropped in the UK yet!

I is Mac

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Get with the times people. This is like the ppl that buy an iPhone at the end of may and are surprised when June comes around. Google is your friend..

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wow, apple is totally spoiling their customers.

silentnite

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Outer sight.. Outer mind
People obviously don't read or go online we all new a refresh was coming how could you miss hearing about it. That would mean wait if you don't need it or buy if you do. Why cry now.

orangeguy81

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2008
USA
Could I do the same thing with my MacBook pro? I ordered a refurbished one right before the new ones came out and the price for my model lowered in cost by a couple hundred dollars.

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
iPad Tab ...

Isn't it about time now for MacRumors to add an actual iPad Tab ?

There is already an existing iPhone Tab why no iPad Tab as well... :mad:

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Now what would you do?

Go back to the Apple store, and collect your $100 refund.

Or take the iPad back for a full refund, wait a couple of weeks and buy the brand new model for the same money you just got refunded.

Seems a bit of a no brainer to me :)

Ralphalph

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Most people don't care

My mother-in-law just bought an ipad last week, never said a word to me about it. I called her to tell her about this, but I doubt she'll be bothered to figure it out, let alone return it for the new version. Some people just don't care about these things and can't be bothered. I know, I don't get it either.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

notromeel said:
It's funny to think people still exist whom buy without research.

And those people probably think it's funny a group of people go to a website everyday, to read gossip about one company.

:rolleyes:

Lol, your probably right

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Isn't it about time now for MacRumors to add an actual iPad Tab ?

There is already an existing iPhone Tab why no iPad Tab as well... :mad:

A general 'iOS' tab would be better IMO as the iPhone page sometimes goes weeks without an update!

The site is in need of an overhaul though. The front end feels very clunky and dated (I say this as a professional web developer). IMO the homepage needs more interactivity. It should consolidate a grid showing the latest news by product type!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.