Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:52 PM   #1
MsMerryMac
macrumors regular

Remove clear shield from Otterbox Defender?

I've started to notice tiny, annoying scratches on my new Ottberbox case, well, the clear plastic part that protects the glass. It drives me batty and really decreases the true beauty of the iPhone glass screen. Has anyone removed this plastic and regretted it?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 01:14 PM   #2
djransom
macrumors 68040

I removed mine and don't regret it at all. I personally think that OB screen shields are the worse.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Laike
macrumors member

I removed the plastic from mines, don't regret it one bit. The screen has become more responsive especially at the edges since I removed it. I do wish I was able to cut through the plastic cleanly so I could use it as a gasket on the case, but I can't have everything I want.
Laike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:22 AM   #4
psyduckiee
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laike View Post
I removed the plastic from mines, don't regret it one bit. The screen has become more responsive especially at the edges since I removed it. I do wish I was able to cut through the plastic cleanly so I could use it as a gasket on the case, but I can't have everything I want.
Lol of course it's going to be more responsive, there's nothing covering your screen anymore. Why'd you cut it instead of just pushing it out?
psyduckiee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories