Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
I've started to notice tiny, annoying scratches on my new Ottberbox case, well, the clear plastic part that protects the glass. It drives me batty and really decreases the true beauty of the iPhone glass screen. Has anyone removed this plastic and regretted it?

Laike

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
I removed the plastic from mines, don't regret it one bit. The screen has become more responsive especially at the edges since I removed it. I do wish I was able to cut through the plastic cleanly so I could use it as a gasket on the case, but I can't have everything I want.

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I removed the plastic from mines, don't regret it one bit. The screen has become more responsive especially at the edges since I removed it. I do wish I was able to cut through the plastic cleanly so I could use it as a gasket on the case, but I can't have everything I want.
Lol of course it's going to be more responsive, there's nothing covering your screen anymore. Why'd you cut it instead of just pushing it out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.