Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amnost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
United States
I'll probably show up at about 3:30 PM. Apple's going to be carrying it at so many different retailers on Friday, so I'm not too worried about inventory shortages.

tmiw

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
I'm torn between taking a (half?) day off of work to go wait in line (UTC is closer to me than Fashion Valley), or just ordering it online. Does stuff at these things usually happen other than picking up iPads?

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
I will get my from TARGET in La Mesa...what colors you guys going to get.?

Did you confirm this Target will get them? Did they say how many they will get? I work across the street. May hit this one up.

boomersmech

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
San Diego, CA
Ill be hitting up Fashion Valley, I took the day off just to be sure (boss pretty much Marks it on the Calendar for me at this point)

I did some poking around, I called Apple in Otay, and they said they are sure to have gobs of them in stock and call volume regarding the release has been really low, I'll probably swing by at opening to see how the line is, catch a Movie or 2 if its really slow.

I would call Target in La Mesa, the one in Cliaremont was not planning on having any in stock, but they have been known to get late night drop offs of new products.

Bestbuy apparently is doing the famous "reservations." A friend is on a list (he said he wants to get the Reward Zone Points), they even called to confirm his interest.

One thing I haven't been able to confirm is the time the floor models will be available. My call to Otay stated they are not allowed to talk about physical locations of products.

jusco240sx

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
San Diego, CA
What time are you going to show up? :D

I was gonna show up at 6 or 7 AM but it seems like it's not gonna be too crazy, I'll probably just show up at 11 or so and see how it is. They've already set a little maze around all the construction for tomorrow...

The iPhone 4 launch was crazy, there were a whole lot of people who had been waiting since 6 AM (people that didn't reserve it) who had to go home empty handed. I don't wanna be one of those guys.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Ugh no way am I getting there that early. Will take my chances at 3 and if line is too long, I'll order online.

tmiw

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
I'm going to try my luck ordering at 1am. If it says something longer than 24-48 hours to ship, then I'll check UTC on my lunch break and see how much of a line there is then. :D

amnost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
United States
Ugh no way am I getting there that early. Will take my chances at 3 and if line is too long, I'll order online.

Same here. I won't be able to show up any earlier than 3. :(

Honestly, If I could pitch a tent and camp out a week early... I would!

amnost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
United States
Thought you should both definitely know that Target won't be carrying the iPad 2 on launch day ;)

Never-mind, Target actually will be carrying the iPad 2 on launch-day starting at 5PM. I'd call your specific Target for availability, though (since there are SO many Targets :D).

"We will be offering all 18 versions and price it as all other retailers have, starting at $499."

boomersmech

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
San Diego, CA
So just as a heads-up;

Fashion Valley at 10am has about 20 people in line, more coming every 5 min now. They have massive queueing setup so ill kepp yall posted. Hit me up on twitter for updates (Twitter: CladMonitor).

-Eric

Veranmiky

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Can you update me on otay ranch line if you happen to stay there for the launch?
I am an Sdsu student and have a final from 2 to 3:40 and want to head over right after
Thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.