Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:00 PM   #1
pioneer22
macrumors newbie

Help with usernames and super slow macbook pro

I have a late 2008 model unibody mbp, and yesterday at a gig i noticed a slight audio drop out then my audio interface crashed traktor.

I unplugged it and the computer froze so i restarted it and from that point it was running so incredibly slow really taking a long time to log in and load anything. Eventully not letting me log into that account but lets me use other accounts ive made fine.

I did put in my old hard drive and it worked fine, so i put the current hd back in and did an archive install. And im still getting really really slow performace i cant open system preferences or anything it will open after a while but then i get that wheel etc.

What I want to do is several things

1. Perform clean my mac on the user even tho im logged in in another incase its anything in the cache (how do I do this?)
2. Find out exactly whats caused it I cant take the risk of it happening again when im at a gig
3. This happened about a year ago so it cant be the new hard drive it must be some software could it be SMC fan control?

I really hope I can get this sorted

P.S Ive repaired permissions also.

EDIT how do I do a virus scan on another account?
pioneer22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X