Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)

Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:15 AM   #1
kjdenison
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to kjdenison
FS: 1.6GHZ Powermac G5 + 20" Cinema Display

What would be a fair price?

I have a G5 Powermac 1.6GHZ with 768Ram. The DVD-RW drive has been acting up lately, and I have been thinking about going portable with a laptop and thought it may be a good time to sell. I bought it as soon as it came out on pre-order, and have baby'd it from day 1.

I also have a 20" Cinema Display that has a small dead pixel spot, that never gets in my way, but is a factor. The computer is full of thousands of dollars of pro software, that I could include.

Also I have Harmon Kardon SoundSticks that I would like to include for the entire package.

Everything truly has been taken extremely good care of and I will include pictures as well, but I am looking to get some contact on what would be a good deal and who is interested. (I live in downtown chicago) Hope to hear from you soon.

Kurt Denison
post@kurtdenison.com

Last edited by kjdenison; Feb 17, 2005 at 01:47 AM.
kjdenison is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:22 AM   #2
cyanide
macrumors regular

well kurt, all aspects included, i think you could see around 1400-1800 for this system. most people nowadays can pick a brand new 1.8 and 20 incher for around 2400. I lowballed this because of the age of your system and the minor problems you mentioned (dead pix, funny optical drive) you might see the higer end of the estimate just because of the included ram, possible pro software, and the speakers. good luck with your sell and i hope you get a new powerbook!
Using a Mac is like getting to eat your favorite burger at your favorite restaurant. It's big and juicy, seasoned and grilled perfectly, with all the right trimmings and on a fresh-baked bun. Sure you could use a Wintel, the cheap 89 cent burger from McD's, with its lackluster appeal and unsatisfying taste, but we only live once...
cyanide is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 02:21 PM   #3
kjdenison
macrumors 6502

I could part for about $1600. If anyone is interested shoot me an email.
kjdenison is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 02:43 PM   #4
debroglie
macrumors 6502a

Is this the older style cinema display? Would you consider selling the items seperately?
debroglie is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 04:51 PM   #5
liquidh2o
macrumors 6502

i sent you an email, but I'll post here as well... is $1600 for the powermac and cinema display? And do you have pics? Thanks!
liquidh2o is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 05:03 PM   #6
wnameth
Banned

This computer and monitor, would be amazing together

i just wish there was a job that paid 1600$/hour, because then i could work for an hour and quit.
wnameth is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 05:23 PM   #7
sjpetry
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnameth
This computer and monitor, would be amazing together

i just wish there was a job that paid 1600$/hour, because then i could work for an hour and quit.
Why quit? Work a day and get the computer of your dreams.

Or have the job of your dreams.
sjpetry is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2005, 05:59 PM   #8
kjdenison
macrumors 6502

I posted some images. I kept them at full resolution so you could get as close as possible. there are ultimatley no scratches or dings what so ever. I could polish these both up and you could swear they were new. http://www.kurtdenison.com/macforsale.htm I would really like to sell it all together because I need to have a computer for working and i would be without for too long selling each piece seperatly im afraid.

(server currently down, awaiting to load images)

Last edited by kjdenison; Feb 17, 2005 at 06:09 PM. Reason: update
kjdenison is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)