Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:06 PM   #1
iphonepro23
macrumors newbie

Help!!!! Is there anyway to remove yourself from group messaging!?

Hi,

i was wondering if there is anyway to remove yourself from group messaging once someone has sent you a group message with a couple of other people on the message and yourself. The reason being is the other people keep replying back to the group message and because of that i keep getting text messages as well. On a typical day i have 500 messages just from that one group message. And if i tell them to take me off the message they refuse and will message even more just to bully me. So please i am begging for someone to help me. Let me know if there is a hack or anything that i can purchase. I don't want to get rid of text messaging, but would like something that would allow me to opt-out of a group message whenever i want to. Thanks!!!!!
iphonepro23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:58 PM   #2
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonepro23 View Post
Hi,

i was wondering if there is anyway to remove yourself from group messaging once someone has sent you a group message with a couple of other people on the message and yourself. The reason being is the other people keep replying back to the group message and because of that i keep getting text messages as well. On a typical day i have 500 messages just from that one group message. And if i tell them to take me off the message they refuse and will message even more just to bully me. So please i am begging for someone to help me. Let me know if there is a hack or anything that i can purchase. I don't want to get rid of text messaging, but would like something that would allow me to opt-out of a group message whenever i want to. Thanks!!!!!
I keep group messaging turned off for that reason.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:07 PM   #3
iphonepro23
macrumors newbie

Even with group messaging turned off, you will still recieve the text responses from other people. With group messaging on you will recieve them on a community type text message, but if you have it off, you will still recieve the other people's responses, but just individually.

Is there any hack out there or anyway I can remove myself from other people's group messages or block myself from recieving other's text responses?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

OR SOMEONE PLEASE COME UP WITH AND APP THAT DOES THIS, YOU WILL PROBABLY MAKE MILLIONS!!!!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:08 PM   #4
iphonepro23
macrumors newbie

For the iphone 4 there is a feature in the setting that allows for group messaging.

Group messaging allows an individual to send one text message to multiple people and as those people reply back to the text message everyone is able to see their response. Therefore anytimes someone replies to that group message you will recieve their response in a text message as well.

I was wondering if there is a way to remove my name from that group text message that was sent because I get text responses for that group message that I dont care for.

For example:

If John sends me, molly, and kim a text message on group messaging. Any response that will be added to that group message will appear on my iphone 4, john's phone, molly's phone, and kim's phone. whenever each one of them replies to that group text message we will all recieve their response. And there is no way for you to stop getting the response, unless everyone stops responding to the group text message.

This is available on the updated firmware for the iphone's.

Please let me know if there is anyway I can block the other people's responses or remove myself from that group text message.

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:58 PM   #5
james6912
macrumors newbie

Has there been a fix for this? I am running into the same issue where members of a chat group will not delete the message and keep replying to it so I keep getting unrelated messages.
james6912 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:26 AM   #6
BigB82
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to BigB82
i sent a message to 10 people today i did not have group messaging on and the same issue occurred so does this mean one of those 10 people did have it on?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting