Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 5, 2011, 03:10 PM   #1
DirtySocks85
macrumors Demi-God

Redirect Outgoing Ports in OS X (Snow Leopard)?

So I have a bit of a problem, and I'm on a semi-tight deadline to solve it (7:30pm CST), so I did the best thing I knew how: Turn to my fellow MacRumors Members for advice!

I'm broadcasting an event on LiveStream this evening and I have run into a bit of a hiccup. My internet connection for the event is a University network, and it would appear that they have some outgoing ports that I need open blocked. The LiveStream Procaster application has the following in its support documentation:

Quote:
Most Routers and/or Firewalls should automatically configure themselves and allow you to connect with our various supported encoders. However, if you find yourself restricted for any reason, we recommend ensuring the following ports be opened: 80 and 1935 Outgoing.
I do not have access to the router/firewall settings for this University network (obviously), and cannot open those ports. The application does not give me the option to use another port (like 8080, which is obviously open).

My question is if there is a way within OS X to redirect all of my outgoing traffic intended for ports 80 and 1935 to ports that I know to be open.

Any help would be super appreciated!
DirtySocks85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:39 PM   #2
dampfdruck
macrumors member

You can't.
dampfdruck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 05:45 PM   #3
DirtySocks85
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampfdruck View Post
You can't.
Bummer, I found a far less elegant work around that sadly involved booting into Windows 7. Usually OS X is the tool for the job, but I was having Flash issues with my webcam in Safari, Firefox and Chrome, but it worked fine in Firefox in Windows 7.
DirtySocks85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking