Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:40 PM   #1
tek210
macrumors regular

Golf Cart Mount Options

Will be getting the iPad 2 next week and am wondering if anyone knows what options there might be out there to mount it to use GolfShot GPS app. I am looking for something that I could mount onto the bar on my push cart and also on the upright of a golf cart. I have looked at the Ram products, but can't tell how easy they would be to mount and unmount. I would like some sort of quick release. A u-bolt is not a great option.

Cannot wait till Friday.
tek210 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Mr. Biggles
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek210 View Post
Will be getting the iPad 2 next week and am wondering if anyone knows what options there might be out there to mount it to use GolfShot GPS app.
I know when you look at the RAM website that the mount they show with the iPad is the u-bolt solution, but their parts are interchangeable. I use the yoke clamp mount right now. It has the 1" ball so it will work. I use it with the iPhone mount now but will likely get the iPad mount also They only have a holder for the original iPad right now). The yoke clamp will work with the round/oval push cart and the square tubed bars found on riding carts.

Mr. Biggles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:36 AM   #3
tek210
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biggles View Post
I know when you look at the RAM website that the mount they show with the iPad is the u-bolt solution, but their parts are interchangeable. I use the yoke clamp mount right now. It has the 1" ball so it will work. I use it with the iPhone mount now but will likely get the iPad mount also They only have a holder for the original iPad right now). The yoke clamp will work with the round/oval push cart and the square tubed bars found on riding carts.

That should work well. Wish the site had better pix. But I like the possibilities. Hopefully it is not long before they have an iPad 2 option available.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:03 AM   #4
tek210
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biggles View Post

Biggles,

Is this what you got?
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx

Is it just a matter of then choosing a locked or unlocked ipad holder to go with this setup?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:07 AM   #5
tek210
macrumors regular

I think this is the combo needed on Amazon. Free shipping woohoo

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-S...rd_add_1_dp_T2
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:05 AM   #6
Mr. Biggles
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek210 View Post
Biggles,

Is this what you got?
Pretty much.

When I first got the mount, it was set up for a skycaddie. When I switched over to the iphone, I simply bought the holder.

I have used www.expressmounts.com for purchases...and as a matter of fact as I check now, they are taking pre-orders for the iPad 2 holder.
Mr. Biggles is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories