Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:59 PM   #1
deeddawg
macrumors 601

Help me find the case that matches my requirements? (iPad1)

Since I expect to keep my ipad1 a while, I'm looking for a more open case than the current apple case it came with from the craigslist seller. With the ability in iOS4.3 to use the switch again as orientation lock, I find the apple case gets in the way more than I like.

I've looked at most of the common/popular ones which hold the ipad by the four corners such as the Yoobao Magic, Slim, Macally Bookstand, Incase Magazine Jacket, but none seem to combine the "hold it by the corners" mechanism with the apple case's simple functionality of slipping the edge of the front cover into a tab in the back instead of a tongue into a slot.

I'm afraid I may be wishing for something that doesn't exist. But perhaps someone out there has seen such a case?

The cases that seem to match the second feature (such as this one) don't use the Yoobao/Macally way of holding the ipad by the corners, and those that do hold the ipad that way don't use the cover-into-tab method of the apple case.

How I want the cover to lock into the back:

How I want the case to hold the iPad (not covering the bezel):
deeddawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 01:09 PM   #2
michael.lauden
macrumors 68020

You should find it here!

****************qYY2c
michael.lauden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 01:27 PM   #3
deeddawg
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.lauden View Post
You should find it here!

****************qYY2c
Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear -- I've searched every avenue and every keyword combination I've been able to think of and come up empty regarding a case meeting the requirements I described.

Your link to a search for "ipad cases" on Google doesn't answer the question; I've done that and was unable to find what I was looking for, thus my post.

I'm not sure if you were trying to be helpful or sarcastic, but if the former, I do appreciate your attempt. Unfortunately it doesn't answer the question. If the latter, well, I hope it made you feel better in some way.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:07 AM   #4
amazonpam
macrumors member

This may be what you're looking for

on ebay search for "CHINAO Black Premium Leather Slim Case". It has corners like the Yabaooo slim and a back like the Apple case. Be sure to check out the Utube video which turned me off the case.
amazonpam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 06:18 AM   #5
deeddawg
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonpam View Post
on ebay search for "CHINAO Black Premium Leather Slim Case". It has corners like the Yabaooo slim and a back like the Apple case. Be sure to check out the Utube video which turned me off the case.
Bingo! Wilwired's video review is interesting; I'm not so sure about the bowing of the front and the way the cover extends past the side when folded back, but it does fit my other requirements. Price is also a bit higher than I'd hoped for too, so I'm going to have to think about that.

Nevertheless, great info, that's exactly the style I was looking for; thank you for taking the time to respond.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:12 PM   #6
still in school
macrumors 6502

same requirements I am looking for but the bowing and the extension bothers me as well..
still in school is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:48 AM   #7
gosdboltsgo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by still in school View Post
same requirements I am looking for but the bowing and the extension bothers me as well..
the cover lays flat once its broke in as with most leather products they must stretch a bit
gosdboltsgo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories