Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helpmeplease:(

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Someone please help me!!! This morning i recieved a text and went to open it and my screen just went black. i plugged it into my charger. no luck. someone called me, it rang on their end but nothing came up on mine. i pulled it into my computer, crying, and it reconized it, syncs it and everything. BUT it still is black. and here's the kicker i cant reset it because my lock/hold/ top botton is non working and hasnt in a long time. i tried to "restore" it on itunes but it doesnt do anything.................. please someone help me. no warranty or anything on it. thanks,

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
Someone please help me!!! This morning i recieved a text and went to open it and my screen just went black. i plugged it into my charger. no luck. someone called me, it rang on their end but nothing came up on mine. i pulled it into my computer, crying, and it reconized it, syncs it and everything. BUT it still is black. and here's the kicker i cant reset it because my lock/hold/ top botton is non working and hasnt in a long time. i tried to "restore" it on itunes but it doesnt do anything.................. please someone help me. no warranty or anything on it. thanks,

You know what they say, once your screen go black it never comes back.
What type of iphone might help a little bit. If its a 2g no wonder why.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Can you do a hard reset? hold power button & home button at the same time for about 15 - 20 seconds. release it, then hit the power button.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010

Sound like something happened to your iphone hardware right there.

Inkllicious

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Open it up and see if anything isn't connected, wires wise.

If its a 2G, Toss that old thing out; really. even I'm pushing 3 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.