Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenprich84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Illinois
okay.... i got the iphone 4 jailbroken.... got the mywi app on the phone .... i currently have it connected to my imac and am on the internet just fine... the ps3 will not recognize the phone so i put an ethernet cord from imac to ps3 and did the shared network under settings on imac... but ps3 still not recognizing that there is even a ethernet cord plugged in .... what am i missing... help!!!!!!

Jenprich84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Illinois
i just got home from radio shack and purchased a crossover cable was very excited to get home and try it .... and the ps3 still did not pick up the ethernet

what can i do???

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Alright, take it one step at a time. Are you going into System Preferences > Sharing and turning on Internet Sharing? You will want to go from Airport to your Ethernet..

Edit:
Here is a thread on the PS3 http://forums.macnn.com/92/networking/323056/mac-os-x-internet-sharing-playstation/
... and Xbox 360: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1000812/
.. it looks like manual connection settings were necessary for a successful connection.

Note: The crossover cable may not be needed. If you get it working with the crossover cable and manual settings, try it with your original cable and see if it works. If it does, then you can return the crossover cable from where you bought it.

I'm sorry you made the trip, and it still isn't working for you.

Last edited:

Jenprich84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Illinois
ok... i got pretty tired last night and gave up i am now returning to try again.... anyone have any solutions???? i read the site you put on for ps3 ... tried a few things on there but ... i didnt find anything that was the same problem as mine to go off of

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.