Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derpjosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Ok so I am currently running windows 7 64 bit and for some reason my iphone 4 can no longer be seen in my computer however sometimes it does but when it does it will not be seen in itunes. I am running itunes 10.2 and when I try to sync it with itunes it syncs just fine. However, whenever I try to restore it it would get stuck trying to restore it. The progress bar on my iphone would never move and I would end up unplugging it after 20 minutes with an iphone stuck in recovery mode. However, when I plug it into my laptop and restore it I can restore it just fine. It's obviously something with the drivers but I cant put my finger on it. Even weirder is I keep getting error codes and each error code is a completly different error code one was related to usb, one was related to windows but was never consistant. Anyone else experience the same issue with Iphones and windows 7 64 bit? :confused:

Also I tried removing itunes and the drivers and same issue incase anyone was curious.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Ok so I am currently running windows 7 64 bit and for some reason my iphone 4 can no longer be seen in my computer however sometimes it does but when it does it will not be seen in itunes. I am running itunes 10.2 and when I try to sync it with itunes it syncs just fine. However, whenever I try to restore it it would get stuck trying to restore it. The progress bar on my iphone would never move and I would end up unplugging it after 20 minutes with an iphone stuck in recovery mode. However, when I plug it into my laptop and restore it I can restore it just fine. It's obviously something with the drivers but I cant put my finger on it. Even weirder is I keep getting error codes and each error code is a completly different error code one was related to usb, one was related to windows but was never consistant. Anyone else experience the same issue with Iphones and windows 7 64 bit? :confused:

Also I tried removing itunes and the drivers and same issue incase anyone was curious.
When you reinstall iTunes, you also have to reinstall all associated programs.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

derpjosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
I did, removed bonjure, mobile manager, quicktunes, apple update

heres the other weird thing. Whenever I unplug it, it says it found drivers and gives me an error saying it couldnt update the drivers. Also when I plug it in, in the mobile device section in the manage my devices in my computer. It shows the iphone as a mdp photo device or something like that. However in the usb list it shows the apple mobile device.

derpjosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
That's because you have photos in the camera roll.

Yeah except windows gives an error everytime the camera portion of the phone is found. The device itself shows a yellow !. When I plug it into any other computer in the house it displays the camera just find reguardless of photos found in it or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.