Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:51 AM   #1
joltaxt
macrumors regular

Officially jumped off the iPad smart cover bandwagon

It's not disrespect to the smart cover, I'm still in love with it. However...

I don't have the money to be buying cases at will, so for me it's either one case or the other. l'll be a first time iPad owner, and while I didn't own the first one my number one issue is bulk. I didn't buy the iPad because it felt too weighty in my hands + the apple case adding even more bulk really didn't do it justice. The slimmer iPad has me sold and I love the direction Apple is going with the smart cover.

My rationale, is that I'll be using my iPad quite frequently out of the house on the subway/bus so the smart cover isn't going to be enough to protect against the rude city folk bumping into me when I'm using public transportation. No doubt in my mind I'll end up dropping it at least once. I still love the smart cover (red leather), but just can't afford it.

I decided to go with the iSkinz summit case:

I plan on getting the protective film regardless (I'm too concerned about the back being exposed like that, but also don't want to add bulk. Just curious if anyone else also was keen on getting the smart cover, but decided not too since it's really not going to provide much protection once you take it outside.
joltaxt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:21 AM   #2
iDabble
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Good decision for your use. My iPad rarely leaves my house so a smart cover type case is fine.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Itsmemalloy
macrumors newbie

Red leather Smart Cover and GelaSkin back (when they come out with them). Or a Zagg on the back. That carry case looks like a North Face jacket for iPad. Too bulky and not really for a man IMHO.
Itsmemalloy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Sleeves aren't going to protect the iPad when it slips out of your hand and drops onto the ground or other hard surfaces. Get a TPU cover for the back, and a screen protector for the front.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories