|Mar 8, 2011, 09:38 AM||#1|
iPhone 3G stuck in headphones mode
It has been a while my iPhone 3G is stuck in headphones mode... This is a known issue and there have been many posts about it on the web, but nothing seems to help.
How it started
I noticed that sometimes I couldn't hear the person on the other end, but the problem seemed to disappear by itself. Until one day suddenly the sound was gone. I couldn't get the device out of headphones mode since then. Not even for a short period of time. I don't think the glass screen replacement could be the cause to this because the sound worked just fine after the replacement. And some sound issues started to appearing even before that.
Description of the problem
- no sound from the speakers when earphones unplugged (except for when the phone is set on speakerphone, when smb. is calling or when alarm clock goes off)
- when adjusting volume bar, the phone says "ringer (headphones)" or just "headphones" when on iPod or Youtube app
- software soft/hard resets
- setting phone as a new phone
- changing different firmwares of iOS 3.x and 4.x
- inserting/removing earphones thousand of times
- cleaning the headphone jack
- blowing in to the headphone jack
- cooling down the device
- replacing the battery (to force a short-circuit)
So it seems this is clearly a hardware issue. Could it be the headphone jack? maybe motherboard?
Solutions to try
- I could replace the headphone jack, but if it is the motherboard or any other part, then it would be just a waste of money.
- Perhaps some expierenced technician could fix this? Maybe it would be less expensive than trying to fix by myself.
- I could live with some software solution (if there is any?). Maybe someone knows about different sound modes of iPhone and how to change them? Since the sound works ok in speakerphone mode, alarm clock, voice memos (when hitting speaker button), then obviously this can be achieved by some means of software hack or just a change in a config file?
Any help appreciated!
|Mar 9, 2011, 08:03 PM||#2|
How did you..
Clean the headphone jack?. I had a 2g that had the same problem. What I did was use a q-tip with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Stick it in the hole and spin it around a couple of times. Worked fine after that. Good Luck.
|Mar 10, 2011, 10:10 AM||#3|
I had the same issue with my 3GS. Turned out to be a big wad of pocket lint jammed way down into the jack. had to use a dental pick and a jewelers loop to see in there and snag it out.
|Mar 10, 2011, 04:36 PM||#4|
|Mar 10, 2011, 04:40 PM||#5|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Stuck in Recovery Mode with my iPhone 3G (i cant do DFU mode!!)||Moskiton||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||6||Apr 22, 2015 05:56 PM|
|iPhone 5S volume stuck (with headphones)||iBrody||iPhone||1||Jan 9, 2014 03:36 PM|
|iphone 4s stuck in recovery mode||Fursty||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||0||Sep 26, 2013 09:19 PM|
|iPhone stuck in DFU mode||PedroDias||iPhone||1||Jun 12, 2013 07:19 PM|
|iPhone 3G Recovery Mode? Stuck... Help!||KrYPTiiKZz||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||2||Apr 22, 2013 08:24 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.