Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Ringo-Chan
macrumors member

Unhappy how to use shimeji on mac using "wine" and "winebottler

Ok theres this thing called shimeji
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/foru...esktop-Buddies)

And I finally figured out it is possible to work this on the mac using parallel (but it costs money) thus I am using wine and wine bottler
but trying both of these app I still can't figure out how to open the program please help
Ringo-Chan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 04:15 AM   #2
Hansr
macrumors 6502a

Try Wineskin it's simpler.
Hansr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 06:02 AM   #3
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansr View Post
Try Wineskin it's simpler.
http://wineskin.doh123.com/Information.html

Interesting. It seems to have different goals than WineBottler in that it really makes a self-contained app with its own version of Wine and X11 built in. Sounds great for a one-off, but less so if you have a few programs that could share some of those resources.

FWIW doh123 is an MR member.

B
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Ringo-Chan
macrumors member

yeah bout that I got crossover and I can open things like paint tool Sai.
Ringo-Chan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Culottes
macrumors newbie

So I have a question. I used Wineskin to create a wrapper for my Shimeji, and they show up on my desktop, but there's a black background behind them. The images themselves do not have backgrounds and are transparent. Is there any way to fix the background issue? The wrapper has Java installed in it, so I don't know what the other problem(s) could be...

Thanks so much in advance.
Culottes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Tags
mac osx, open, program, shimeji, windows xp