Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 8, 2011, 08:24 PM   #1
macworksgreat
macrumors member

Transferring Thunderbird email contacts to new iPad

OK. I know it is probably on this forum somewhere but I can't find it in "search". Yesterday I bought my wife an iPad not iPad 2 but the 1. I am now trying to move her email contacts (in Thunderbird) from her MacBook to the iPad but I cannot figure out how. It is probably (probably wit emphasis) easy but this old guy can't find that easy way.

Anyone done it? Thx in advance.

George

Last edited by macworksgreat; Mar 8, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
macworksgreat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 02:10 PM   #2
macworksgreat
macrumors member

The case is...as Clouseau would say "s-o-l-v-e-d"

I knew it had to be simple. All I did was "export" Thunderbird's email contact list to the desktop and then "imported" them into the apple Contacts. From there I uploaded the contacts to MobileMe (signed-up for a 60 day trial).

Then went into the iPad settings and into Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From my wife's MobileMe account I just had to make sure the Contacts was "on" and when pressed it asked if I wanted to Merge...it actually asked Do You Want to Merge Idiot?

Voila! The contacts magically appeared on her iPad. She will be happy. I told you it was probably simple...and this Idiot couldn't figure it all out until I got hold of Apple Care after I loaded up the contacts on MobileMe.
macworksgreat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad