Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 9, 2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

Anyone order one of the Targus cases for the iPad 2 on Amazon?

I chose the $40 version. The $60 case with the 360 swivel looks nice, but a bit too bulky for my taste with the break in the middle. I'll see how the $40 one is. Hopefully the iPad will feel secure in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1agNRzkKE
Justin Luck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Liberal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Luck View Post
I chose the $40 version. The $60 case with the 360 swivel looks nice, but a bit too bulky for my taste with the break in the middle. I'll see how the $40 one is. Hopefully the iPad will feel secure in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1agNRzkKE
I ordered the Targus 360 Swivel Stand/Case and got it Monday. It really is nice and it doesn't seem too bulky. The part that covers the screen when it's closed is soft and thicker for added protection. I think it will be a great case.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3
geko29
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal View Post
I ordered the Targus 360 Swivel Stand/Case and got it Monday. It really is nice, it doesn't seem very bulky at all. The part that covers the screen when it's closed is soft and thicker for added protection. I think it will be a great case.
Does the case fold flat for handheld use? I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online in such a position, and that's the one major misgiving I have about ordering it.
geko29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Liberal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
Does the case fold flat for handheld use? I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online in such a position, and that's the one major misgiving I have about ordering it.
I wondered that too, but I took the chance and if it didn't I'd just return it. But it does! I've attached pictures.

Top view:

Level view:
Old Mar 9, 2011, 01:19 PM   #5
geko29
macrumors 6502

awesome man, thanks!
geko29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Liberal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
awesome man, thanks!
No problem, glad to help!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 01:31 PM   #7
tek210
macrumors regular

I ordered the 360 unit, should be in tomorrow. I think it will fit the bill for what I need. At least I don't have to leave it naked on day 1 and be paranoid all the time.
tek210 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 02:05 PM   #8
jedolley
macrumors 68000

I may order the cheaper one so that I know for sure I have a case for it on Friday, but more than likely it would be going back to Amazon before the 30 days is up.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
I may order the cheaper one so that I know for sure I have a case for it on Friday, but more than likely it would be going back to Amazon before the 30 days is up.
Which ideal case do you have your eye on at the moment?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 03:08 PM   #10
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Which ideal case do you have your eye on at the moment?
I'm not really a folio case kind of guy. I am actually hoping a TPU case is available at launch. Targus has one, but it's not currently available at Amazon and I don't know if it will be in stores at launch.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

I ordered a clear TPU case from the handhelditems.com link given in the iPad 2 case thread futher down the page. Came out to just under $12 after tax.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 04:21 PM   #12
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I ordered a clear TPU case from the handhelditems.com link given in the iPad 2 case thread futher down the page. Came out to just under $12 after tax.
Yeah, it may have been the link I shared. I didn't order from there mainly because I knew it wouldn't be here Friday. If nothing is available in store Friday then I might order from HHI.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 05:15 PM   #13
joltaxt
macrumors regular

I'm sorry but that case looks hideous. Looks way too bulky, and the white stitching showing with the black looks awfully tacky. These cases are the reason Apple went with the smart cover to not compromise the beautiful design of the iPad, but to each his own.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 09:36 PM   #14
Liberal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joltaxt View Post
I'm sorry but that case looks hideous. Looks way too bulky, and the white stitching showing with the black looks awfully tacky. These cases are the reason Apple went with the smart cover to not compromise the beautiful design of the iPad, but to each his own.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the white-on-black stitching of the case featured in the video, but the 360 Swivel stand/case from Targus has stitching that matches the color of the material on the inside of the case which makes it look nicer, in my opinion.

Last edited by Liberal; Mar 9, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Liberal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:28 AM   #15
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal View Post
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the white-on-black stitching of the case featured in the video, but the 360 Swivel stand/case from Targus has stitching that matches the color of the material on the inside of the case which makes it look nicer, in my opinion.
AFAIK, both Targus cases have the exact same colors for their interiors and stitching. I'll post photos of mine when it arrives.

Take a look at them here:

http://www.targus.com/us/section.asp...VTJnNvcnRieT18
Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

My Targus case arrived today. Overall, good impression. Very slim profile and the front cover easily bends around to be flush with the back. Color of the stitching matches the interior. I like how the entire iPad is surrounded with a soft inner lining. Another plus, there is no strap, but rather the front cover hooks around the iPad to keep it closed. Here are some quick pics:

Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:52 PM   #17
jedolley
macrumors 68000

looks nice. I ordered the TPU case earlier. It was in stock on Amazon earlier, but now showing that it will be in stock and shipping on the 12th.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:01 PM   #18
3goldens
macrumors 68000

I would wait for the Mophie case myself!
3goldens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:44 PM   #19
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goldens View Post
I would wait for the Mophie case myself!
I need to start writing more reviews for Amazon. lol I see a lot of people got the Mophie case for free as part of the Amazon Vine program.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 05:26 AM   #20
Tobster3
macrumors 6502

Justin Luck. Thanks for the Photos.

Can you tell me what the weight of the case is?
Tobster3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 07:27 AM   #21
Liberal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobster3 View Post
Justin Luck. Thanks for the Photos.

Can you tell me what the weight of the case is?
According to Amazon, the Targus VuScape, pictured above by Justin Luck, weighs 6.4 ounces.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:57 AM   #22
dgravo
macrumors newbie

Does it fold flat on the back? I had a case like this that wouldn't. Thanks.
dgravo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:05 AM   #23
Justin Luck
macrumors regular

My postal scale says it weighs 9.4 oz. Feels very light in hand--without an iPad of course.

And yes, the front cover easily folds flat to the back.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:15 PM   #24
3goldens
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Yea I did too, got it today what a piece of crap!

I'll bet right now this rush job is not going to fit at all, and the camera will be obstructed.

A total waste of money!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:16 PM   #25
3goldens
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I need to start writing more reviews for Amazon. lol I see a lot of people got the Mophie case for free as part of the Amazon Vine program.
what is amazon vine program?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories