Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lady Arwen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Does anyone have a treegloo case? I'm considering getting one, once they come out with the iPad 2 version, because of the cost differential between it and the DoDo case. How does the treegloo case hold up? Does it scratch the iPad? Protect the iPad?

mc-hokie

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Mine ships on the 14th

I ordered one for first gen iPad from Treegloo last week. Should arrive next week. Order process and email response from them has been outstanding.

I can post a review when it arrives.

Lady Arwen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Thanks for your reply. I actually splurged and went with the Dodo case (which I liked more). Treegloo doesn't have iPad 2 cases yet, either, but Dodo does... so that went into my decision. So I don't need to know about Treegloo anymore, but maybe others do... ?

Lucyolive

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
Don't recommend

I bought one in December 2010. Maybe it was the holidays, but mine took almost a month to arrive. Also, after a month, the edge of the paper lining was peeling back. I took a photo and emailed them...no response. I will never buy another case from them again.

As7eroidS

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
I bought one in December 2010. Maybe it was the holidays, but mine took almost a month to arrive. Also, after a month, the edge of the paper lining was peeling back. I took a photo and emailed them...no response. I will never buy another case from them again.

aww that sux

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Wow...ok...now my head is spinning. They were my backup:confused:To the Portenzo.

My smart cover is really getting on my last nerve. I'm itchin for a book case but I only want to order the right case once. I don't want to buy multiple cases. I hate wasting money. :mad:

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Do the Treegloo cases act as a smart cover type case also? Like the Portenzo and Octavo do?

I'm seriously considering this case, I love all the customizable options.

Domdog31

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I got an email within minutes of emailing Treegloo, seriously. In fact they told me it would ship next week - and offered me a different option in the wood. They are going to be offering a dark wood option -

I ordered:
Frame Finish: Ebony with Accent
Accent: Brown Suede
Cover Color: Avast Arr-nge (+)
Liner Color: Indy Adventure
Liner Type: Cloth with Camera Port

I figure the dark wood would suit the brown case better than the black so I asked them to switch to dark wood

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
wife ordered treeglow.. we still have 2 preorders with portenzo.. and im gonna order a pad and quill today.. i will review each and then compare them on my youtube channel whenever they arrive.. i just need a moleskine case

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
I really like the look of these cases (although they aren't leather like the Portenzo).

I really like the maps inside but I'm concerned they may rip or break down easier than the colored liners they offer.

Hmmm...I may be in for one. I'm gonna need a sleek, understated counterpart to my Colcasac (once that eventually arrives).

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Just some reviews to ease peoples' minds
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-acce...o-customisable-moleskine-style-ipad-case.html
http://www.seeingthemoment.com/photoblog/2010/11/14/my-favourite-ipad-case.html

BTW their customer service is ridiculously awesome. I sent them a question about the dimensions of their new ipad 2 case (FYI 10.2" L x 8.2" W x 0.8" D) at 2:30am and she responded 5 mins later. I also wanted a custom liner on mine and I knew before hand by looking their facebook page that they recommend photos in the 5000x3000 range for best quality. She appreciated that I knew the requirements ahead of time and said that it would not be a problem to use the photo I gave them. I asked if she could send me a paypal request and told me that she would send it in a few hours since it was a little past 3am when I finished my order.

My order:
A2N10GR-X-Apple iPad 2; Natural Frame, Black Suede Accent; Galactic Gray Cover; Camera Port
CUST-Custom Liner - Client Provided Artwork

I'm astonished by their customer service, which may or may not be because they are under the radar (right now), but I don't care the reason. The fact that their team answered my email at an ungodly hour speaks volumes to me. I would have been just as happy with them replying a few hours later at a normal non insomniac time :D

Here is the photo I chose if anyone is interested. They weren't able to remove the text, but it didn't really matter to me because 1) it's behind the iPad and 2)Dubphonics sounds cool :p

Now do I cancel my 23 1/2 from portenzo or not. Have nothing against them I know they are swamped and was more than willing to wait, but maybe white on white and just a little too much. I kind of like the understated options I chose with my treegloo and I'm also not worried about the mic port being closed up (I emailed Portenzo about that but they never got back to me) Anyway I hope this long drawn-out post was somewhat informative. I'll try to keep my character count down next time ;)

Last edited:

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Just some reviews to ease peoples' minds
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-acce...o-customisable-moleskine-style-ipad-case.html
http://www.seeingthemoment.com/photoblog/2010/11/14/my-favourite-ipad-case.html

BTW their customer service is ridiculously awesome. I sent them a question about the dimensions of their new ipad 2 case (FYI 10.2" L x 8.2" W x 0.8" D) at 2:30am and she responded 5 mins later. I also wanted a custom liner on mine and I knew before hand by looking their facebook page that they recommend photos in the 5000x3000 range for best quality. She appreciated that I knew the requirements ahead of time and said that it would not be a problem to use the photo I gave them. I asked if she could send me a paypal request and told me that she would send it in a few hours since it was a little past 3am when I finished my order.

My order:
A2N10GR-X-Apple iPad 2; Natural Frame, Black Suede Accent; Galactic Gray Cover; Camera Port
CUST-Custom Liner - Client Provided Artwork

I'm astonished by their customer service, which may or may not be because they are under the radar (right now), but I don't care the reason. The fact that their team answered my email at an ungodly hour speaks volumes to me. I would have been just as happy with them replying a few hours later at a normal non insomniac time :D

Here is the photo I chose if anyone is interested. They weren't able to remove the text, but it didn't really matter to me because 1) it's behind the iPad and 2)Dubphonics sounds cool :p

Now do I cancel my 23 1/2 from portenzo or not. Have nothing against them I know they are swamped and was more than willing to wait, but maybe white on white and just a little too much. I kind of like the understated options I chose with my treegloo and I'm also not worried about the mic port being closed up (I emailed Portenzo about that but they never got back to me) Anyway I hope this long drawn-out post was somewhat informative. I'll try to keep my character count down next time ;)

Those reviews just got them a purchase from me. Question for you though, I'm in the ordering process and I do not see an option for your own artwork. Where do you add that?

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Those reviews just got them a purchase from me. Question for you though, I'm in the ordering process and I do not see an option for your own artwork. Where do you add that?

I didn't see one either so i emailed them my order and artwork and asked them to just give me a paypal payment request.

@aqua bliss if you could pm me your address I'll send you the file asap. Hopefully I can give it them in time. They said they would send me a proof first so I think I have enough time to give them an edited one. I really appreciate it :)

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Thanks, Benjayman!

You weren't kidding about the customer service there, either. They reply within an hour and are very kind!

This is exactly the kind of business I want my money going to.

Now the hard part, picking all the colors and style. ;)

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Nice review. Definitely like all the options.

I have an Octavo coming and if there is anything wrong with at all, I'm going to Treegloo. Right now hard to justify owning two of these types of cases.

bigwinnerx

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Wasn't immediately interested in these guys but the pine and the ability to have the London tube map is nice. That map is vintage though, just FYI. Looks like a tube map from 1960 (No Victoria line).

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I ordered mine and my wife's Treegloo cases today. I agree with the excellent customer service. I ordered 2 cases and because there is no option to combine the order I had to place 2 separate orders and paid 2x shipping.

Literally within 5 MINUTES of placing the order someone from Treegloo contacted me via email asking if they were both to the same address and said they would refund one of the shipping charges if so. I said yes and they refunded it within 10 minutes, I didn't even have to ask, they took the initiative.

Definitely can't wait to get my case in:
Natural frame
Mad Midnight cover
Cloth lining with cam port - Leader Orange
GO GATORS!!

My wife went with the same for hers except she has the Hot Wasabi cover and Powderpuff Pink inside.

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
I just placed an order for:

Frame Finish: Natural with Accent
Accent: Brown Suede
Cover Color: Epic Black
Liner Color: Lantern Green
Liner Type: Cloth

I'm looking forward to this case - looks awesome.

RA19

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2009
Warwickshire, UK
Ordered my Treegloo today - espresso brown leather with ebony frame & brown suede accent; pale blue cloth lining & rear camera cut-out. Fast reply to questions I had about my order & helpfully sent me links to photos on their Facebook site.
Can't wait!! :)

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Gonna give my portenzo to my brother when it comes in - the ebony frame is the reason for switch for me, not any shipping problems with the portenzo -

I ordered:
Frame Finish: Ebony
Cover Color: Killer red
Liner Color: Indy Adventure
Liner Type: Cloth

already heard from them in an email - asked for internal flap for docs - no go - and poss of doing liner in 3M carbon fiber - again no go, but they liked the idea for future...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.