Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I don't know... It seems kind of ridiculous for Apple to charge $70 for the leather smart cover and then release another add on to the case that most likely will cost $40.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I don't know... It seems kind of ridiculous for Apple to charge $70 for the leather smart cover and then release another add on to the case that most likely will cost $40.

I can't see Apple doing that either. I was wondering if any of the 3rd party case makers have announced a case that protects the back and side with the smartcover protecting the screen. I'm thinking it's possible but that it might prevent the smartcover from folding into a stand.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I was personally thinking of trying out a smart cover with a sleeve. Most of the sleeves should have enough give in them to allow the iPad to fit with the smart cover (I should hope).

Of course I haven't tried a smart cover in person yet, so I am not sure how much more girth it adds to the iPad (it doesn't look like much) or if it would even be useful to me.

naevity

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2004
I've got a red leather smart cover along with a full body BestSkinsEver skin, and it works fantastic and looks even better. no clucky cases to deal with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.