Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doncomp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Desoto, Tx
I got a 4.1 iphone with bad LCD. Put in new LCD, came on.
Stupidly I upgraded it in iTune it to 4.2.1.
Now, it's stuck in apple logo with pinwheel loop.
Every s/w I've tried Quikpwn, Sn0breeze, Recboot, Redsn0w, TinyUmbrella all want me to put iphone into DFU mode.
I can only turn it off, it comes back with Apple logo, then Apple logo with pinwheel.
Whenever I try it in itunes (different ipsws), itunes says OK to Disconnect...still has the locked logo on iphone.
I cannot put it into DFU.....
Any recommends?

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
If you are able to rule out hardware, also make sure you're doing DFU correctly. For some people, the timing is tricky.

doncomp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Desoto, Tx
Thanks Applejuiced. splain ipad BB to me? Where do I get some? :)

Ah, eastercat.........what can I say.

Oh, I know. "I'll just take it to an Apple store".

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
:D I know I sound like a broken record, but you can't jb or anything related without DFU. DFU requires functioning power and home buttons.
Ah, eastercat.........what can I say.

Oh, I know. "I'll just take it to an Apple store".

doncomp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Desoto, Tx
So, eastercat, you're saying it CAN'T be true? That an iPhone can't be in locked in a loop of re-booting into Apple logo with pinwheel, and there's no such thing as an iPhone that won't go into DFU? That it MUST be a failure to follow DFU procedure?

What if I've CHANGED the connector, the audio strip, checked the battery, and even tried the board in another iPhone with the same results?

What do YOU think happens when an idiot tries to Restore and Update a jailbroke iPhone in iTune?

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Those can affect the power and/or home buttons. That's why I wrote functioning power and home buttons.
ETA: However, if the person asking for help can't be bothered to mention that they messed with the innards of the iphone, then they're only frustrating themselves. If someone is too dumb to make the connection between messing with the innards and the inability to enter DFU, then their stupidity took them out of the jb pool. Trust me, we don't need people like that jbing their phone.
What if I've CHANGED the connector, the audio strip, checked the battery, and even tried the board in another iPhone with the same results?

What do YOU think happens when an idiot tries to Restore and Update a jailbroke iPhone in iTune?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.