|Mar 9, 2011, 06:08 PM||#1|
4.3 update "brick with 1013 error" Fix
Did it for me!
"Same problem but solved doing this :
* Open Finder
* Hold down COMMAND + SHIFT keys and press 'G'
* Enter "/private/etc/" in the field and press "Go"
* Find "hosts" file in the directory
* Drag the file to your desktop
* Open it in text editor
* Remove the line that has gs.apple.com entirely or put a # at the beginning of it to comment it out
* Save the file
* Drag it back to the /private/etc/ folder.
* You'd need to enter your username and password to authenticate the move
Locate the hosts file in one of the following directories:
Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows XP, Vista, 7 c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Right click and click on "Open With..." and then click on "Notepad" on the list.
* Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.
This should work fine but you will lose all music, photos, videos and books :S
Thanks to user KianABC "
|Mar 10, 2011, 05:46 AM||#3|
Thank you so very much.
I thought I was doomed. I'd been messing around with this iPhone while trying to jailbreak an older phone a few weeks ago. I was convinced this had "goosed" this phone. Very simple instructions, I am so very grateful. Many thanks again.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iPad: Cracked Screen: How to "repair" "fix"||adam9c1||iPad||8||Feb 1, 2014 12:31 PM|
|General: FIX "Error opening terminal: xterm-256color" for Terminal Commands (e.g., "top") iOS7||thelatinist||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||9||Jan 10, 2014 07:46 PM|
|How i can fix "Wiki setting error" and "Running time error" ?||Amethyst||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||0||Sep 2, 2012 01:34 PM|
|which bugs of the 1st gen/"beta" rMBP do you think the first rMBP update will fix?||SphericalPear||MacBook Pro||62||Aug 9, 2012 05:58 AM|
|Unable to download "Pages" Update-Error||SR45||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Jul 26, 2012 10:37 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.