|Mar 9, 2011, 06:08 PM||#1|
4.3 update "brick with 1013 error" Fix
Did it for me!
"Same problem but solved doing this :
* Open Finder
* Hold down COMMAND + SHIFT keys and press 'G'
* Enter "/private/etc/" in the field and press "Go"
* Find "hosts" file in the directory
* Drag the file to your desktop
* Open it in text editor
* Remove the line that has gs.apple.com entirely or put a # at the beginning of it to comment it out
* Save the file
* Drag it back to the /private/etc/ folder.
* You'd need to enter your username and password to authenticate the move
Locate the hosts file in one of the following directories:
Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows XP, Vista, 7 c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Right click and click on "Open With..." and then click on "Notepad" on the list.
* Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.
This should work fine but you will lose all music, photos, videos and books :S
Thanks to user KianABC "
|Mar 10, 2011, 05:46 AM||#3|
Thank you so very much.
I thought I was doomed. I'd been messing around with this iPhone while trying to jailbreak an older phone a few weeks ago. I was convinced this had "goosed" this phone. Very simple instructions, I am so very grateful. Many thanks again.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iOS 4.3.3 out soon [BGR]||dethmaShine||iPhone||4||May 2, 2011 12:34 PM|
|Problems after iOS 4.3 update||Walse||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||0||Mar 11, 2011 06:35 PM|
|Update to iPhone 4.3 beta 1 after redsnow tethered jailbreak iPhone 4?||derekaw||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||3||Jan 18, 2011 08:44 AM|
|Can't update to iOS 4.3||nathanl1192||iPad||14||Jan 17, 2011 06:50 AM|
|iOS 4.3 New app update design and bugs.||GollumBoy||iPhone||10||Jan 15, 2011 08:18 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.